tfjw

Too funny!

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Why is the print so LARGE!

Blueblades

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

Once I read Textus Correctus in that "quote", I knew something didn't smell right. ;)

Seriously, I've been rather pleased with the Jewish Publication Society's TANAKH.

Dave

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The adulteration began right off the bat. Paul mistook Jesus' teachings literally, and thus he inadvertently adulterated the Bible even while he was writing it. Beyond that, the Catholic church edited it and picked the books that would suit them the best. The King James version picks up that translation at that point, as most Protestant denominations use whatever Bible the Catholic church left them.

Of course, there are further efforts to tamper with the Bible. The New World Translation is a prime example of that. They edited key scriptures to make their own doctrines look like the truth.

To the best of my knowledge, due to Paul building in error right into the original, there doesn't exist a translation that is free of basic doctrine error (transcription errors are allowed). However, the King James version is the closest I am aware of to what the early Catholic church left us. That is why I generally refer to that version when verifying a Washtowel doctrine.

• bonnzo
    bonnzo

our WT study conductor said ours is best because.......its from the faithful and discreet slave. geez, i thought thats why its NOT the best.

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

funny stuff!

The Oracle

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Textus correctus? What the fruit is that....

I Googled it and nothing I could understand came up. It was all in Latin!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit