Why our Bible is the best!

by nvrgnbk 17 Replies latest watchtower bible

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Here is an interesting Prologue I recently found while perusing Bibles at my local Christian bookstore...

As the Holy Scriptures that were meticulously transmitted to our ancient brethren form the basis of our undying faith in the Sovereign Lord Almighty, the importance of their accurate translation is of utmost concern to all of the consecrated. Tragically, The Enemy of Our Salvation, Satan, and his earthly agents have spared no effort in their attempts to adulterate the purest thoughts of the Most High. The means used were often so subtly insidious that it's only after the passage of centuries that contradictions in renderings and spurious verses have become apparent to the faithful. The publishers of this superior translation wish to assure all that caress its delicate pages in their blessed hands that its veracity has been procured painstakingly and with the assistance of the Holy Spirit Itself.

For the more erudite of our potential audience allow us to point out the many and varied reasons why the Lord has impelled us to declare our translation the pinnacle in the faithful communication of the Divine Message. The most important feature that will interest the most scholarly is that we depended wholly upon Textus Correctus in our version. All manuscripts deemed to conflict with Textus Correctus by our team, all sanctified men called to this monumental work by the Holy Spirit Itself, were cast aside as the leaven that they are.

For the less educated, let's make it clear that this Bible is the right one.

May the Lord God Almighty bless and keep all the faithful that accept only the best in Bible translation,

The Best Good Book Translation Team

• kerj2leev
    kerj2leev
    For the less educated

Just what they are hoping for!

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

So let me guess, you were overwhelmed by the holy spirit upon reading the prologue, fell to your knees, praised the lord, and then bought that bible?

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    So let me guess, you were overwhelmed by the holy spirit upon reading the prologue, fell to your knees, praised the lord, and then bought that bible?

I was overwhelmed alright.

Fortunately, the restroom was not occupied.

• tfjw
    tfjw

Is this a joke? If not, what in the world was the title of the translation?

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    Is this a joke?

What would make you think that?

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

I've got my nose in Bibles a lot more than you do, I'll bet. And I frequent Christian book stores. I have never seen anything like your quote.

So tell me, you went into the store with a pad and pen? How long did it take you to copy the intro you posted?

What in the world was the title of the translation? I also want to know.

I call BS on this one.

BTS

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

I call BS on this one.

Good call.

I find it hilarious that you put that much energy into it.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

A 30 second riposte? Seems to me that the energy was in the OP, which is funny.

You are so full of it, Nate.

BTS

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

A 30 second riposte? Seems to me that the energy was in the OP, which is funny.

You are so full of it, Nate.

BTS

I guess it was good for both of us.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit