He Doesn't Want Children ...

by compound complex 23 Replies latest jw friends

• AlyMC
    AlyMC

I only know one sister who truly desired children and chose to forgo it for the sake of the "end". She is still a sweetheart and will probably keep smiling for generations to come... but I know her heart will always be sad about it.

Most others I know who said that, seem to actually like being child-free and it is more like an "acceptable" excuse in a world where only pioneering and motherhood are acceptable roles for women.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Aly:

... a world where only pioneering and motherhood are acceptable roles for women.

The pioneering mothers whom I know seem happy; however, what "seems" and what "is" could be two different things.

Laughing on the outside, crying ...

Thanks much.

CoCo

• llbh
    llbh

Very true .

My wife subsumed her maternal instincts to pioneer She cried often, till she had her first child, we are lucky to have 3 very lovely and different children

Glad we did not listen the fds et al all the time

Regards David

• james_woods
    james_woods

Strangely enough, there was a brief time right after the 1975 failure when having children was all the rage.

The magazines had many articles on things like the value of circumcision, natural childbirth, breast feeding, infant care and discipline, etc. Nothing much was made of "waiting until the new system" for a few years.

I think they sort of realized that any growth from that point on (at least for the next 30 years or so) was going to have to come from born-in witness children - and that they were still smarting from the instant drop in the numbers after the prophecy turned out to be false. That, and the apostacy of the day.

Now it looks like the pendulum has swung back to the old intolerance of the 1940s.

• compound complex
  • John Doe
    John Doe

I wish more people would decide not to have children. The unintelligent are going to overbreed us out of existence.

• caliber
    caliber

The godliness and virtue of a mother has a profound impact on the life of her children. The raising of children gives woman back her dignity. Her great contribution comes in motherhood. However she must continue in faith, love, and holiness; only a godly mother can raise godly children.
    Obviously God doesn't want all women to be mothers. Some of them He doesn't even want to be married, since according to 1 Corinthians 7 some have the gift of singleness. Others He allows to be barren for His own purposes. But as a general rule, motherhood is the greatestcontribution a woman can make to the human race. The pain of childbearing was the punishment for her sin, but bearing children delivers her from the stigma of that sin.

Conclusion

Paul, under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, says women are to accept their God-given role. They must not seek the leadership role in the church, but are to raise godly children. How tragic that so many women feel their lives are unfulfilled because they can't function in the same roles as men. God has given them the unique privilege of raising a godly generation of children, of having an intimate relationship with them that no father can know.

http://www.biblebb.com/files/MAC/sg54-17.htm

Please ladies don't flame me for these remarks I'm only quoting the general religious belief and making the point

that Wt follows this line of reasoning then takes it a step further by even denying women to privilege to this in the

"dangerous time of the end "

Caliber

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The WBT$ was singing that same sorry song when I was a Kid..Now my kids are grown and on their own...........Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• nelly136
    nelly136

the After Armagonnagettum club has been rearing its ugly head for as long as i can remember,

the waiting till AA to get married,

waiting till AA to have children,

every year these people got older, forgetting that if they die before Armageddon by their own jw doctrine they will never bear the children they put off having in this lifetime, as they will come back as asexual creatures, lurking for all eternity in limbo neither marrying or procreating.

In the old days the jws would look out for each other, have rotas for their sick and infirm, all AA clubbing means these days is that they will probably die lonely and devoid of visitors once they have served their door knocking purpose, without even off-spring to keep them company or look after them in their dotage....on the plus side if its back in fashion at least it'll hit the growth numbers.

• VM44
    VM44

The Watcthower has been discoraging married couples from having children since at least 1942 when Judge Rutherford's book Children was published.

The reason was that Armageddon was so close that the Scriptures indicated that it would be wise not to have children.

This just shows that they don't know anything true about what they talk about.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit