He Doesn't Want Children ...

by compound complex 23 Replies latest jw friends

• compound complex
    compound complex

Good morning!

From friends who are called on regularly by JWs I learn the latest in our locale:

"We" don't want children because the end is so close.

I wonder how she who wants children but may never become a mother feels ...

CoCo

• zeroday
    zeroday

They've been spouting this garbage for decades...if they had all taken this advice there would be no JW raised children being baptized which is about 99% of their growth...

• changeling
    changeling

That's been a "good" witness motto for years. Sickening.

changeling :)

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

It is rather sad isn't it...I've known several older ones who forfeited children only to die rather alone and sad.

I think that growing old and no family has built resentment in some.

h4o

• yknot
    yknot

I know a handfull of couples who got married with this plan........3 marriages are in turmoil because the women changed their minds.

Heck I know a couple in their 70's who too committed to this idea. Ever since the May 07 WT QFR removing the 1935 the wife has been on serious anti-depressants. Her regrets I am sure can be stacked all the way to heaven.

Come to think of it since I am born at the end of 73 I was barely beyond the woe to mother's suckling.

Tick Tick Tick....my biological clock is ticking again

• wings
    wings

Greetings to you Captain! and good morning too.

I have two sister-in-laws both never had kids....really messed one of them up...sad in so many ways, in oh so many ways....

Could have helped them be more emotionally anchored in life, plus they would have both been great mom's. Now it is too late. I try to share mine, but that doesn't really work.

wings love my sisters

• compound complex
    compound complex

...you must know that that kind of "fake dialogue" presentation in a book was started with JFR's book "Children" with John and Eunice deciding not to marry nor procreate until after Armageddon. That book was written in 1941 and John and Eunice would be about 80 years old now and likely dead, just like the author of that trash. If the whole world would have heeded that trash, the population of the Earth would be near-decimated by now, even though it was all "Bible-Based(tm)."

Thanks, Farkel (27 June 2002) for the above and everyone else for your comments.

More later, to be sure ...

Captain CoCo

• Scully
    Scully

CoCo

They were singing that song when I was a young bride as well. Today, one of my children is an adult in his own right. The other children are in high school and nearing adulthood themselves.

Had we chosen to remain childless based on WT mythology, we would have been deprived from knowing the people our children have turned out to be. I think that would have been a terrible loss.... as much as they have (at times) had me upset beyond belief.

FWIW, if the couple of which you speak went into their relationship with the expectation of eventually starting a family, and then one of them changed his mind, then in fairness to the other perhaps they ought to go their separate ways and find mates who share their respective desire / non-desire to start a family. Forcing parenthood on someone who truly does not want it is as unfair as forcing barrenness on someone who desires to have a family.

• flipper
    flipper

COCO- Good thread ! Good morning back to ya ! I truly feel that this drivel about the end being close and not having children is about the cruelest form of " mind control" the Watchtower society can play on these people who are Jehovah's Witnesses. I have 2 daughters in their early 20's who because of this recommendation may never have children- as they are so " busy " wasting time knocking on people's doors talking about " the end " which will never happen. I doubt I will ever be a grandpa in this real lifetime ! My son and his girlfriend have us watching our grand-puppy right now for a few months as they can't keep the black labrador at their apartment. Thy will take her back when they go traveling this summer. Sigh. My wife and I love that puppy and are kind of secretly hoping that my son and girlfriend want us to keep her - as we have 2 other black labs, older, and 3 cats. So the puppy is integrating quite nicely in our home

• compound complex
    compound complex

Forcing parenthood on someone who truly does not want it is as unfair as forcing barrenness on someone who desires to have a family.

Thank you, Scully, for the above observation. You're absolutely correct. I knew a JW couple in New York of the same race but from different countries and culture. Non-stop procreation was his ideal, and hers? None. They did end up going their separate ways.

Wonderful about your family; we always love them though, on occasion, we may not particularly like 'em!

Gratefully,

CoCo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit