Revelation Teaches Jesus is God

by JosephAlward 17 Replies latest watchtower bible

• accuracy
    accuracy

I would have to agree with Kent that endless discussion of bits and pieces of the book of Revelation is pointless. So, I will make these few observations of inaccuracies in funkyderek's post, and take my leave of this thread.

1) It is not true that "there is no mention of Jehovah in this chapter." Who is the "Lord God" (KJV) mentioned in verses 5 and 6?

2) The "one coming quickly" is mentioned in verse 12, not verse 13. As there are several speakers in this chapter, one cannot say categorically that the same person speaks in verse 13.

3) Jesus' angel is not the only one speaking. Verse 6 identifies another angel: "And the Lord God of the holy prophets sent his angel..."

And Yerusalyim, I am not denying the divinity of Jesus. The term "theos" is clearly applied to Jesus in the NT and in the OT. However, Scripture also proclaims that this does not make Jesus the Almighty God. Jesus is a theos who has a theos as head over him, unlike the Eternal God. And the Bible also applies the term "theos" to angels, Satan, and even the judges of Israel.

But I will not go round and round on this carousel.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Accuracy is a politheist.

SS

• Scorpion
    Scorpion

Here is a fun one to show a JW. Take the NWT Reference Bible and turn to 1 Peter 3:15 But santify the Christ as Lord* in your hearts,......

See the asterix at the end of the word Lord*

Look at the reference for verse 15 and the word Lord at the bottom of the page. The reference says: 15* "The Christ as Lord," ABC;TR, "the Lord God"; "Jehovah God."

Also see I Thessalonians 4:15-16 15. For this is what we tell you by Jehovah's* word, that we the living who survive to the presence of the Lord# shall in no way precede those who have fallen asleep [in death]; 16 because the Lord* himself will decend from heaven with an archangel's voice.......

The reference for Lord in verse 16 refers to the Lord as Jehovah

The NWT refers to Jesus as Jehovah.

• Will Power
    Will Power

Notice how quickly certain "angles" of theology are defended when one has been "prepared" for "said angle" (alpha-omega as 1 example)

But as soon as the "teacher" has been exposed of teaching one thing yet printing another - that which directly goes against its own teaching, the deception is ignored, and there is no comment.

It has been 10 days since there was a comment here. I'm not refering to the opinions that this debate goes no where, I agree, I'm referring to those who hold the opinion taught by liars who use the "it goes nowhere" to avoid facing the fact the "teacher" here is a ravenous wolf in sheep's clothing disguising itself as an angel of light.

Defend your truth or run away?

Opinions are opinions, how you arrive at these opinions is something to consider. No one toting the "party" line can face the *foot-note* dilema, because it feels like your soul has just been raped.

Sad but this is the truth.

• javig
    javig

Hi...

if jesus is not the GOD-MAN...GOD in flesh...then whatever he is... how he could be the saviour and be able to forgive sins with his death and satisfy JAH perfect laws unless he is GOD himself?...I thought that the Old Testament teach that GOD(JAH) he is the only one able to forgive sins and saviour then we see in the NT another person who is able to forgive sin and savoiur..could be GOD or could be two person having the same atributtes something else? ....what will be the theological explanation here..if there is any?..thanks....

• Chalam
    Chalam

if jesus is not the GOD-MAN...GOD in flesh...then whatever he is... how he could be the saviour and be able to forgive sins with his death and satisfy JAH perfect laws unless he is GOD himself?

Indeed!

I thought that the Old Testament teach that GOD(JAH) he is the only one able to forgive sins and saviour then we see in the NT another person who is able to forgive sin and savoiur..could be GOD or could be two person having the same atributtes something else?

Jesus is God, just like the Father, two persons with the same attributes.

....what will be the theological explanation here..if there is any?..thanks....

Genesis 1:1 (New International Version)

The Beginning
    1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

John 1:1-3 (New International Version)

The Word Became Flesh
    1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning.

3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.

Hebrews 1:1-10 (New International Version)

Hebrews 1
    The Son Superior to Angels
    1 In the past God spoke to our forefathers through the prophets at many times and in various ways, 2 but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom he made the universe. 3 The Son is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven. 4 So he became as much superior to the angels as the name he has inherited is superior to theirs.

5 For to which of the angels did God ever say,
    "You are my Son;
    today I have become your Father"? Or again,
    "I will be his Father,
    and he will be my Son"? 6 And again, when God brings his firstborn into the world, he says,
    "Let all God's angels worship him." 7 In speaking of the angels he says,
    "He makes his angels winds,
    his servants flames of fire." 8 But about the Son he says,
    "Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever,
    and righteousness will be the scepter of your kingdom.
    9 You have loved righteousness and hated wickedness;
    therefore God, your God, has set you above your companions
    by anointing you with the oil of joy." 10 He also says,
    "In the beginning, O Lord, you laid the foundations of the earth,
    and the heavens are the work of your hands.

And many others...

Blessings,

Stephen

• yesidid
    yesidid

yawn

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

I find it interesting that the same honor, power and glory that apply to Jehovah in Rev. 4:13 are said to Jesus in Rev. 5:13. John 5:23 shows that the Son gets the same honor as the Father, not a lesser honor. It is also interesting to see that Rev. 21:22 speaks of one temple and Rev. 22:3 of one throne.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit