I Really, Really Want a Baby...

by cognac 68 Replies latest jw friends

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

I think it would be like this if you had one: (tongue firmly in cheek)

7am (first topic of the day) - "My baby just pooped what do I do?"

8:19 - "My baby is eating more but hubby doesn't seem to notice"

9:45 "Have a doctor's appointment- what should I ask?"

11:15 "Told doctor that I want blood for my baby if needed - should I get a lawyer?"

1:12 "Sister stopped by and isn't sure if my baby will be in the new system - should I continue to talk to her?"

3:44 "Haven't heard from my parents today - the shunning continues!"

6:19 "Hubby is home and isn't trying to study with the baby, not that I want him to, but shouldn't he be trying if he believes in the new system?"

Give yourself and everyone else time is my suggestion.

• Princess Daisy Boo
    Princess Daisy Boo

lol at unconfused... p.s you are only allowed to start two topics a day

Oh, and one last word of wisdom that my midwife told me... "having a baby is the last selfish thing you will ever do"

• DJK
    DJK

If this is what you want, you shall have it.

Did you go shopping today?

• *summer*
    *summer*

I got married fairly young according to today's standards, and wanted to wait at least 2 years before starting a family. Well...one thing led to another and, only one month or so after my honeymoon, I found out I was pregnant. And a few months later, I found out I was pregnant with twins!

Although it all caught me totally off guard, to this day, my children are my pride and joy. Perhaps it was good that I did not have too much time to plan. If so, I would probably still be at the planning stage, scared to death to take the plunge!

If you really want a baby, cognac...simply allow life to happen. Wishing you the best in whatever you decide~

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Cognac, I also would love to have a baby, just need, well the partner. It is a serious thing. The JW thing will have an impact and that's the truth of it, don't make light of it.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I Really, Really Want a Baby... I have since as far back as I can remember. I don't really think the JW thing will be an issue anymore...

Have you tried checking CRAIGSLIST?

Yo probably want a locally-sourced baby rather than an imported model that might carry salmonella.

• Gregor
    Gregor

I'm sort of agree with Nathan, except I suggest you rent one for a week or two and see if you still want one for 18 yrs.

• cognac
    cognac

Cognac, why would you ask opinions of a discussion board regarding YOU having a baby? Whether or not you choose to have a child is your decision. If everyone here said, "go for it!" and things weren't as good as you anticipated, then what? What difference does it make to you if JWD board members weigh in on this matter?

I don't get it.

Cause I'm still technically in JWs... I wanted to see what people thought regarding this. I should have said that at the beginning...

Did you go shopping today?

No, had a shower to go to...

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

ain't nobody's business but your own. I never wanted any myself and I'm grateful on a daily basis that I didn't have kids. But that doesn't mean I think everyone should feel like that. If you are sure you can really love the kids no matter what, go ahead if that's what you want. It's very painful to be an unloved child.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Cognac, I know you could love a baby and take care of it. I don't know if you and your husband could be on the same page with raising a child. I would rather do it alone than with a man I don't agree with regarding raising our children. One will always be more indulgent than the other, but being in agreement about the level of responsibility you wish to teach your child, your RELIGION, and other things-much more important than even the prenatal birth plan (which was screwed every time by reality with me! Birth plans are a nice idea, distract you from the whole 'being soley responsible for a persons LIFE for 18 years' thing, and give you something to focus on rather than droopy anatomy. In fact, while I would never discount the value of pre-natal vitamins-I would venture to say that having agreement with your husband on raising your children is more important than even the vitamins.

Whatever you do as a parent will be SO MUCH EASIER if you are doing it together with your spouse, rather than fighting them on it. Is he going to raise your kids JW? Are your children going to be allowed to be indoctrinated by gramma and grampa and family? Are you going to draw any lines? Reading the posts on the subject of children will alert you to the challenges you will be facing in this manner.

shelly (who wouldn't change her kids for anything on earth)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit