{The Simpsons} = Did you know any "Ned Flanders" types in your Hall?

by Witness 007 9 Replies latest jw experiences

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Us Brothers would be having a conversation about sports and this brother "Flanders" would always start a spiritual conversation: "On a sunny day like this I just want to thank Jehovah for my blessings....I wish we had meetings everyday....I feel bad I didn't go Witnessing this weekend."

Many times I wanted to strangle him!...his wife left him and the truth, since then he is worse.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

Ned or his cousins were a good 10% of my circuit.

Hill

• Octarine Prince
    Octarine Prince

We had white ones (standard Flanders), black ones, and Hispanic ones.

I hate self-righteous people, and apologize to all who were subjected to even the slightest bit perpetrated by myself.

• Amber Rose
    Amber Rose

Ha! Ha! There was a brother in my former congregation that my dad refered to as "Diddily-diddliy".

• jambon1
    jambon1

Plenty! Prayers out loud in cafes. One brother I knew would reply after telling him your problems, "just pray about it". Or if he was being a bit of a dick, he would ask: "are you praying about it"? What a knob sack.

• shamus100
    shamus100

Yeah - we have a guy at work we call flanders.... exactly like Ned.

• bluesbreaker59
    bluesbreaker59

Yep there was even a guy in my old hall that looked just like Ned, and had funny ways about him just like Flanders, his wife, also looked just like "Maud"

• MMae
    MMae

Awww - I kinda like Ned. Don't you think he is more self-deluded than self-righteous? I never get the impression that he thinks he's above anyone else. Just in ignorant bliss.

• av8orntexas
    av8orntexas

HAHAHAHAH I wqas just thinking of this subject the other day. I thought every hall had one. The flanders type to me, was the one ALWAYS ready to continue on in service, after 4 long hours in door to door. Yeah, we had two of those types. I called them Jesus Jr.

• HSS1971
    HSS1971

I remember one day as I was getting home from work (on a HOT day), I passed Br. Culler, an elder. Don't you know that man followed me to my damn house and accosted me as I got out of my car asking me to go on return calls with him because he did'nt have a partner. After a few seconds he noticed the look of obvious annoyance on my face and apologized and got into his car and left. My stupid wife at the time was angry with me for not joining him on his returns. Did I really have to explain that the LAST thing I wanted to do was stay in a HOT suit on a HOT day to visit people I did'nt really care to know ? All I can say is that I'm glad I'm not one of those clueless, pompous ass jws anymore.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit