My Sister Finally Called Me... After My JW Brother Completely Told Her Off

by cognac 15 Replies latest jw friends

• cognac
    cognac

Well, for those that don't know the story, here's a quick recap. My sister, mom, and dad felt I was an apostate, freaked out on me, then went to the elders and ratted me out. I haven't spoken to her in about 2 months because I didn't like the way that she treated me. After about 1 1/2 I finally started talking to my parents but only a little bit.

So, my brother told her that I hated her (I didn't say that) and that she, my mom, and dad were dividing the entire family. He basically told her that she was wrong for what she did and everything was her and my parents fault. I mean, he totally, totally went off on her.

So, she called me crying. I forgave her. She said that she could have handled it better. I told her that I have always been inquisitive, that is the way Jehovah created me. I can't change the way I am, however, I will no longer talk to family about religious matters because unfortunately it causes divisions.

She was crying and rambled on for a bit. And that was the end of it.

• dawg
    dawg

Can't you see the walls crumbling? Good job Cognac my old buddy.

• jgnat
    jgnat

You know, I think you will be a great influence over your family in time.

• cognac
    cognac

Thanks, Dawg and jgnat! I appreciate your comments!

• Layla33
    Layla33
    You know, I think you will be a great influence over your family in time.

I totally agree. I think your path and you standing your ground and being pleasant and logical is doing wonders. I also think a lot of lurkers are taking note. I'm proud of you. Stay strong!

• JK666
    JK666

cog,

Maybe I missed something in your posts, what is the status of your brother?

JK

• Eliveleth
    Eliveleth

Honey,

I am so happy for you. I think this is a beginning. I will be

praying for your family to at least continue your relationship

as a family. Stay strong and trust God.

Love and hugs,

Velta

• wings
    wings

sorry you are having to go through this. I am having troubles with my sister too, I understand just not wanting to put up with the abuse.

Glad she called...I know that helps. Not talking just isn't right. Hope it sticks for awhile.

I love your honesty.

wings

• jambon1
    jambon1

Wouldn't we all like to see what the future holds for them in say, 10 years time? Unfortunately, I have also had to stop talking to my wife about the religion. It never is productive & can sometimes be quite messy. She has made her bed though. Now she can lie in it. I will say nothing, nor will I 'help her out' when things go wrong in the future with our kids or other matter within the org. I just cannot go there again. I tried to help her see. But she argued until she defended that organisation above my own resonable feelings about it (and tried to slur my character to justify her disdain for my arguments). They are in a sense married to the filth that is the WTS. They are also having their reward in full. I hope it's worth it.

• hubert
    hubert

That's awesome, Cognac !!!!

I'm so happy for you !

Looks like your difficult situation is easing up a bit.

Don't forget, when you talk to your sister, try to stay calm. It really helps.

And kudos to your brother for helping you out here. The beer is for him.

Okay, I'll get you a coffee.

Hubert

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit