Friday Morning-First day of DC-I am so excited!

by treadnh2o 31 Replies latest jw friends

• treadnh2o
    treadnh2o

I am gong to work.LOL

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Friday the 13th is unlucky for a Convention!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

And I am here posting things to expose these wastefests as something that people should not bother going to. You would only be wasting your time and money.

I would rather work. That way, I make money. And I would get a worse headache on those Grand Boasting Sessions than at work, plus there is nothing worthwhile going on at the Grand Boasting Sessions. The book releases are crap, and the program is merely repeats of what they have been saying for the past who-knows-how-many years.

Recommendation: Unless you absolutely have to go, or are going there to find material to post here, don't go.

• blondie
    blondie

My experience was that attendance was 2,000 less on Fridays. Evidently you have good company.

*** km 12/06 p. 3 par. 3 2007 "Follow the Christ!" District Convention of Jehovah’s Witnesses ***

Attend All Three Days: Jehovah provides an abundance of spiritual food for his people. (Isa. 25:6) This includes the spiritual banquet served at our annual conventions. It has been observed that the Friday attendance is considerably lower than that on other days. Make it your goal to enjoy all three of the refreshing convention days that Jehovah’s organization has prepared for us! If you need to request time off from your secular employment, make it a matter of prayer. Then ‘muster up boldness’ to talk with your employer as soon as the date of your convention is announced. (1 Thess. 2:2; Neh. 2:4, 5) It may prove helpful to explain to him that your annual convention is part of your worship. Doing this at an early date may make it easier for your employer to make adjustments so as to accommodate your request.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard
    Attend All Three Days

I intend to miss all three days.

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

Yea quit your job if you have to, you can always wash windows or do other janitorial duties. After all the spiritual food you will recieve will make you fat. Most of the Jdumbs are fat. Also don't forget to put on your listening ears people. The first talk each Friday morning is about listening. The one my wife and I remember the most several years ago the man (he's not my brother) started out with a loud call--"Are you listening, are you listening" it made us feel like we were at a junior assembling and the principal was telling us to pay attention.

Last on I went to was 2006 and I only lasted a day and a half had to leave because my blood pressure was so high they told me at first aid to go to the hospital. I knew then that the Borg was killing me.

LD

• Octarine Prince
    Octarine Prince

I am trying to recall the memories of this district convention you speak of.

• Gregor
    Gregor

I intend to miss all three days.

After all the trouble they have gone to in preparing a feast of spiritual food and you are going to snub it? By the way, which one are you not attending?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard
    After all the trouble they have gone to in preparing a feast of spiritual monosodium glutamate and you are going to snub it?

Yup, after all that feast of spiritual monosodium glutamate they prepared, I am going to blow it all off. It will ruin my brain, and I do not want my brain ruined. Besides, I can get better spiritual food right here on this forum. And, whatever this board doesn't provide, I have other sources of much better spiritual food than what is given in churches, let alone that spiritual monosodium glutamate prepared at the a$$emblies.

I will not divulge which one I am blowing off (I actually intend to blow them all off) because I want Brother Hounder to have to waste his time trying to figure that out.

• Gregor
    Gregor

Oops, didn't think about that. I guess if you revealed you were not going to a DC in, say, Los Angeles it would be pretty easy to track you down.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit