How did you think the GB made decisions?

by LearningMore 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

The body of elders was encouraged to discuss, read scriptures, pray, and
    most of all- to read Watchtowers on the subject at hand. The elders' manual
    referred us to many WT publications. We were strongly encouraged to
    work things out until it was unanonymous.

I supposed the GB did much the same before putting anything new out there.

This was supposed to let the spirit work through the individuals that thought
    about what the scripture was saying, and allow the spirit to spread through
    prayer.

Stupid cult- I should have noticed that WT pubs always trumped everything
    else (except newer letters from WT corp.).

• Mary
    Mary

In addition to Farkel's summary, this is how they determine which problem they're going to bitch about through the Craptower study articles:

dartboard-1.gif picture by sam3217

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

LOL! Mary, that's awesome! Even got the Smurfs in there.

• Honesty
    Honesty

It never crosed my mind.

I was too enamored and proud to be affiliated with the "Faithful Slave" that they could have had a direct line to satan for all I cared at the time.

• blondie
    blondie

I wondered that myself and asked several GB members and never got the same answer twice.

• BreakingAway
    BreakingAway

Mary got to it first, I was going to say "The Holy Dartboard".However, I wouldn't be opposed if they used the "Holy Hand Grenade" instead !

• BreakingAway
    BreakingAway

'O Lord, bless this Thy hand grenade that, with it, Thou mayest blow Thine enemies to tiny bits in Thy mercy.'

And the Lord did grin, and the people did feast upon the lambs and sloths and carp and anchovies and orangutans and breakfast cereals and fruit bats and large ...

And the Lord spake, saying, 'First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then, shalt thou count to three. No more. No less. Three shalt be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, nor either count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then, lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in My sight, shall snuff it.'

Amen

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Home run....... Farkel thats a real keeper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit