Japan Lost 500 Congregations!!!!

by metatron 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Joker10
    Joker10

Larger Kingdom Halls are being build= less congregation, but with more publishers each.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

if you look a tworl;d wide statistics for the years 19771978 after the 1975 fiasc -- you will see in many countries there was a reduction in congregations as small ones werew amalgamated. Japan for many years the Jewel in the Watchtower crown (apart from Mexico and Brazil) - HAS ACCESS TO THE INTERNET, is affluent well educated and all the stories of abuse/UN / Generation etc. is having an impact

• jgnat
    jgnat

Here are the stats for 2002, from http://www.jwic.com/stat.htm . Yes, Japan is a leader in decline.

• kgfreeperson
    kgfreeperson

Is that publishers or congrations lost?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

It is publishers but in a high land and other cost country such as Japan a decline in publishers (esp a consistent decline) then a decline in congregations would follow. The same would be true in Britain and probably Holland

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

(smirks)....Japan was among the worldwide branch offices to which I sent LOTSA debunking shtuff after I was deborganized in 1992....I'd like to think it took it's toll also.....

Frannie B (of the wielding the Gnu-Whirled in a lite-handed manner class)

• shamus
    shamus

Good~!

• Odrade
    Odrade

2002 report per http://www.watchtower.org/statistics/worldwide_report.htm... 3213 congregations

another interesting statistic:

USA: 1998 report 11,064 congregations, 2002 report 11,752. a gain of 688 congregations. Yet in those 5 years about 160,000 were baptised in USA. That should be about 1600 new congregations. Looks like about 100,000 of them got out one way or another.

And our friends to the north--Canada lost 43 cong in the five years. What happened to the growth "speeding up in the time of the end?"

• bsmart
    bsmart

So does anyone know how the count is these days??

• RottenRiley
    RottenRiley

Metron would know, he's good with math and numbers! Metron do you have a update on Japan?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit