food shortages

by chicken little 16 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Thechickennest
    Thechickennest

Food shortages. Not where I'm from. Even with the high cost of petroleum products worldwide people seem to still be eating even, if its a little less.

• Thechickennest
    Thechickennest

and by the way...if you keep laying eggs in my nest we won't go hungry!

• 1914BS
    1914BS

The WTS always get the news last

• MeneMene
    MeneMene

May I strongly suggest reading Carl Olof Jonsson's book "The Sign of the Last Days When?"

See Chapter 2 - Famine - Is It Worse Today?

He explains what famine actually is and explains it in detail comparing historical facts to what the WTS teaches. He also quotes Hal Lindsey, Billy Graham and others.

I am really rusty on this stuff. Where in the bible does it list the horsemen and specifically, "Food shortage or "world food crisis" is the 3rd horseman"?

I've looked through Revelation but only see in Chapter 19:11 where it talks about a white horse. The armies of heaven were following him riding on white horses. For some reason I can't find the verses about the other scary horses - as I recall from a picture in one of the old WT books there was a red one & a black one????

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

Can you spell "obesity epidemic"?

BTW, you should read "Signs of the last Days", by Jonnson and Herbst.

A@G

P.S. No offense to our corpulent JWDers, but I'm making a point that there is no lack of food today...

• d
    d

The price has increased but for many living in the U.S this only a bump in the road.But for those living in third world countries this can be dramatic change becuase many in those countries work to just get food. we need to consider ourselves lucky.

• Nambo
    Nambo

Just because Bible prophesy might be coming true, it doesnt mean that the JWs are right and are the FDS, remember they have been saying this for 100 years, therefore they are a fullfillment of prophesy themselves, ie the prophesy about false religions saying Jesus has arrived before he really does arrive, "do not go after them".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit