food shortages

by chicken little 16 Replies latest watchtower bible

• chicken little
    chicken little

Any of you been told by the jws that the current food crisis is fulfillment of the revelation prophecy of the horsemen? They are really talking about it now and how a days wage is worth nothing. You heard similar things?

chicken little

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    You heard similar things?

I haven't, but if so these are the same sorts of things they were saying in the late 70's early 80's.

This too shall pass.

BTS

• chicken little
    chicken little

Its true I was around then and in the org, I was a teenager and scared stiff of the riders on the horses and all that it meant. I just replied to my friend that food shortages have always been a problem for those without food....its just now affecting those who always have had an abundance of cheap food. World War II was followed by shortages much worse that today...she agreed, but felt our time now was fulfillment of revelation

• garybuss
    garybuss

Food shortage is a myth. You think if you had enough money anywhere on the planet that you couldn't get enough to eat? There's a money shortage. Find that in the Bible.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

You mean like the ones they had in the mid 1970s?

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Heard that from the 70's and 80's 90's and thru to 2008.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I experienced a food shortage in 1980. I was laid off from my job and was in the middle of my 6 week waiting period for my unemployment cheque. My peanut butter jar was empty. I made occasional trips to my parents place to raid their fridge.

I survived.

W

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

In all seriousness there is lack of grain and rice reserves in most of Aisia right now........

We "peace corp-ed" those folks for years. Until "Joe Nobody" bands with his neigbors and stands up those folks will never feed themselfs.

Hill

• Philippus79
    Philippus79

Yeah, I have heard it!

Since Jesus is the 1st horseman, they know he is riding. Food shortage or "world food crisis" is the 3rd horseman. So the 2nd must be riding as well.

The second horseman has a (in greek) "great" sword, not a "long" sword like the 4th. Now the greates sword as regards prestige is the US military. Bush nominally got it. So he is riding as well. So it is reasoned, that he must take peace away from the earth (probably by taking out Iran) before the end of his term...

So you see, Armageddon is nigh!

Phil

• yknot
    yknot

No one has actually attributed such but I know many who have stocked a months worth of can goods due to concerns over delivery & rising gas.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit