Don't want to hurt your parents/famly's feelings huh?

by dawg 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• dawg
    dawg

I've read where many of you have posted that you "don't want to hurt family members feelings" and that's the reason you don't come clean about how you feel as far as the JW's go.

I was wondering if it ever dawned on you who think like this how you still are being abused mentally by both this religion and your family by worrying about their feelings while they have total disregard for your thoughts and/or feelings?

I've never told a family member how they must think for me to talk to them; never hounded a family member to come to a meeting they have clearly shown they don't want to attend. I've never told any living soul that they must look upon another group of men as if they have God guiding their works.

My question is, why do many of you put up with that kind of behavior, refuse to speak out, when it's clearly not you but them who force these foolish JW rules on you that's causing the confrontation.

And please, don't come back with some make believe world where the JW's and your family leaves you alone about this crap, we all know how JW land works.... pressure, pressure, and more pressure to attend meetings, go in field service, and the like. So, come clean and help me understand why many of you won't confront the abuse?

• cognac
    cognac

Good questions Dawg! I believe its important to be honest and not allow people to control you. It's important for our own happiness!

For me, I'm no longer being as blunt as I was before, however, I'm continuously working with them so that the end result will be them loving me and accepting me for the person that I am. And vice versa.

I could not simple do nothing. I don't have it in me.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

If we come clean about our past, there will be nothing to be dug up. If we try and lie about it, or play down something, it hurts worse when it is found out about. And that means anything--an affair, religious affiliation, or anything else that might come back to haunt us.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse
    I was wondering if it ever dawned on you who think like this how you still are being abused mentally by both this religion and your family by worrying about their feelings while they have total disregard for your thoughts and/or feelings?

I think it all makes sense once you accept the WBTS is a mind control cult and as such your family's feelings towards you cannot be compared to a normal person's.

Mickey.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

I have the don't ask don't tell policy, if they haven't asked me in 10 yrs why I've missed a meeting then apparently it

is an unimportant issue to them...Besides my parents age I do not see the need to blast them with Wt falsehoods.

They are at the age they will not be around very much longer why put their life in turmoil.

Perhaps if I was experiencing what you and many others were, then life would be a whole other ball game of

problems to deal with...till then I'm just Mum..(mom)

hope4others

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

We've basically come to an agreement with the JW parents that religion is not going to be discussed at all. We WONT let them put us down in any way. If they bring up religion, then we'll tell them what we've learned.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

I never have been myself with the exception of my mother, for her I pulled back the rains a little.

Nevertheless I stand up firmly in exposing the structured bullshit which the JWS are and try to demean anyone for belonging

to this oh so damaging cult, I see it as my personal duty !

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Dawg..They never cared about the abuse they put me through..So..I never pulled any punch`s when it came to discussing their Cult..LOL!!..If they did`nt like it,too bad......I`ve still got relatives in that Cult..Most are smart enough to keep their religion to themselves.....For the ones that are`nt so smart..Guillotine 3..LOL!!......................Clint Eastwood...OUTLAW

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

How many times has our family members hurt our feelings for leaving? I did have an understanding with my JW mother, but recently had to step back and restrict my contact with her because she blames everything wrong in our relationship on me "leaving the truth". The things that come out of her mouth are very hurtful, and I had to tell her I don't deserve that anymore. I will not tolerate that kind of behaviour towards me anymore.

I never want to intentionally hurt someones feelings, things can be said with tact, kindness, but firmness, and we have to respect ourselves and our beliefs, and our family and friends should do the same, even if there are differences, if you really truly love someone.

BB

• Gregor
    Gregor

I'm with you Dawg. When I went through this period I didn't think twice about being political. Everyone knew exactly what I thought of the cult and I was shunned accordingly by most extended family members. I do think there are individual situations that don't require confrontations over our beliefs.

I have a beautiful granddaughter who has decided she is a vegetarian (90% chance she'll drop it in less than 5 years). I think strict vegetarians are wrong. But when she comes to see us I have no problem preparing vegetarian food for her even though we might be having steak.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit