Legally, Eve Was Entrapped by God

by White Dove 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• choosing life
    choosing life

It was kinda like telling a 2 year old not to eat the cookie in front of him and then leaving the room. No, wait, Eve was less experienced than the 2 year old child. Still, the child would have to pay with his life and thousands of generations would be doomed to suffering and death. Doesn't make a lot of sense, does it?

df-nice quote

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Adam & Eve were just using empirical research on the fruit. Given that God talked to them and they accepted it, here they find another thing that talks to them and they see nothing wrong with that.

The only way to find out the truth about the fruit was to eat it.

If God were a rational being, God would've said, "I'm sorry, but the talking snake lied to you. Seeing as how I gave you no preparation whatsoever in dealing with other spiritual beings, I'm going to let this one pass. Nothing will happen to you for eating the fruit. Just a warning, don't listen to any talking animals, no matter how convincing they are. And I will try to do a better job to reign in my creations from misleading you. To make sure that this doesn't have a chance of happening again, I'm going to put the tree on the highest mountain, so that you'd have to really go out of your way to eat from it, in which case you would really die. Now go back to procreating, please."

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

My thoughts: God, Satan, angels and demons are 'one and the same'.

And...humans invented them all.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Rabbit,

I totally agree with you. Due to being raised in the troof, I'm able to come on sounding like a Bible believer and reason from it while not believing any of it except for a few geographical locations.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Was the snake wearing a wire???.......great qoute from Mark Twain

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit