update...husband made appt. with the elders, what do you think of this?....

by New light for you 51 Replies latest jw experiences

• oompa
    oompa
    flashlight:

Wouldn't it be cool to say " Hi guys? how the heck are ya? wanna beer? no? ok. well, i think the whole thing is a pile of shit. but thanks for coming!!"

I gotta admit i spit out some coffee with that image in my head and a look on the brothers faces!

However, I did exactly what Changeling did and it worked...wrote WT...had THREE elders meetings....and over my issue said a the end: So this realy doesn't bother you at all??

There was silence an tiny back and forth headshake no. I knew they were lying....I knew this issue bothered one of them GREATLY. So I stood up and said: Well I must be nuts then!

And walked them to my front door. I have never heard a peep in over a year...not even a memorial invite. So rather than your oh so fun approach newlight.....I would urge honest calm honesty....share it with them...it could help them or others out.......oompa

BTW...robert7 sounds smokin hot on the apostaphone....

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Choose carefully...there is no going back! Emotions can cloud your judgement.

• New light for you
    New light for you

jgnat...

I love that. I really love that, i could keep that in my back pocket if i need it, love it.

As for the last few comments that show that MAYBE if we keep it light, we can just be "hurt and discouraged" and just be able to walk away... i guess we should start with that, then if they want to push more, have our DA letters ready in case?

Have plan A, plan B and secret plan C ... and a secret handshake!!

• Robert7
    Robert7

Ok, so NewLight's WONDERFUL husband canceled Saturday's elder meeting. I also said that we're "prayerfully considering" everything and that we just need some time and need to be left alone for a while.

It seemed fine from the elder's view, and hopefully this will allow this to blow over and we can continue our fade...

So the short term stress is over!

• Robert7
    Robert7
    BTW...robert7 sounds smokin hot on the apostaphone....

I get that from all the girls... and apparantely some of the guys too...

• Scully
    Scully

Under the terms of Theocratic War Strategy™, the Elders™ will think nothing of lying to your faces and telling you that you will not be DA'd for having nagging doubts or for not being sure that the Faithful and Discreet Slave™ is directing Jehovah's People™.

If my husband ever made an appointment to meet with the Elders™ and I was not interested in meeting with them, I would not be there when they showed up.

Definitely plan with your husband ahead of time what you will not discuss with the Elders™. If you don't feel confident to discuss doctrine with them or policies of the WTS, then DON'T. Make it off limits.

Make it about behaviour that you have seen exhibited among the JWs you know.

You can be Stumbled™ by unloving attitudes and actions that have happened to you, it can make you question whether JWs really are Jesus' true disciples. If they say it's an "isolated situation" but overall, worldwide JWs aren't like that, you can say "But when we meet a Catholic or Methodist or anyone else in Service™ who has complaints about unloving behaviour within their particular congregation, don't we say that it's evidence that they are not Jesus' true disciples? We don't look at the relief work or the hospitals or the food banks that their church - overall, worldwide - has done to help others, we condemn other churches on the basis of individuals' actions within the church. How is that consistent with Matthew 7:1, 2?"

If they insist on pressing the issue, you can throw down the Conscience™ card: It bothers your conscience and feels hypocritical to go door-to-door and invite people to join this religion, when you don't even feel welcome or loved within the congregation. The Conscience™ card is a very powerful thing - it's a "conversation stopper" - JWs have been trained to respect the Conscience™ of others and they will back down immediately.

You can be discouraged by personal circumstances. The prospect of losing all your friends for being true to yourself is "discouraging". You wouldn't be lying.

You can be depressed. You need them to be patient and understanding with you. It's a difficult illness. Sometimes depression goes hand in hand with panic disorders and you feel heightened anxiety and panic when you are around other Witnesses or at the Kingdom Hall. Every time you go to a meeting, it feels as though more burdens are being heaped upon you and it makes you feel that no matter what you are able to do, it just isn't enough for Jehovah.

Those are all things that have worked for other folks on JWD.

• Robert7
    Robert7
    Strategy™ Elders™ Stumbled™ Conscience™

Oh my gosh that is SO funny....

But I forgot to mention in my other post. When I talked to the elder, I told him that my wife is really depressed and has a history of bipolar disorder, and the stress everything going on recently is just making it worse, and just letting things go will really help a lot. That really seemed to help make him back off....

• JK666
    JK666

Good luck on your impending meeting.

JK

• oompa
    oompa
    Strategy™ Elders™ Stumbled™ Conscience™

Oh my gosh that is SO funny....

and I so agree....Scully how do get them little trademarks here on JWD? Any the trademarks gave me an idea for a JWD Patented Process for Freedom of WT......Look how many pathways have been discussed on this thread....Also, I think Flashlight girl mentioned like Plan a, b, and c......This Patented or Trademarked process for Freedom of Watchtower can have it start in so many ways.....the beginning steps are varied:

1. The "I have an interesting question dear smiling elder"

2. The "Sister kickedmyass has really offended me...boo hoo"

3. The "I am so depressed, I really thought I would not get this old, and I amafraid I will never understand all these new generation changes"

4. The "I am so sensitive to any perfume or scented underarm deoderant, I just cant be at the meetings or go in service anymore...you all smell just sooooo intense".....

haha that last one cracke me up....she was in my hall once....what a riot......Anyway....each beginning scenario would of course a a Trademarked or Patented Step 2.......any takers?.....C'mon Scully, you lead the way....and I will be your humble grasshoppa........oompa

• Scully
    Scully

oompa

There are a couple of ways to get the ™ in the text:

Engage the NUM LOCK setting on your numeric keypad. Holding down the ALT key, type 0153 on the numeric keypad.

Or, you can use the Character Map function (in Accessories with WindowsXP) and find it there in Arial.

Or, as you've already figured out, it copies and pastes just fine.

I made a thread with tons of other characters a long time ago, but it doesn't open anymore.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit