Recent Awake! Directive

by whitman 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• whitman
    whitman

Hello all,

I was informed recently by my mother about the new Awake! directive concerning having an emergency bag of some description in preparation for 'disaster'. Apparently the directive was also highlighted at some meetings. Obviously she has gone ahead and followed this plan, her bag contains all the necessary items for a disaster - including the deed to the house, salt tablets, passport, birth certificate etc. When I asked her about this directive she was a little evasive and will not tell me where this information is actually coming from. Is anyone able to confirm that this is going on as an international directive? Does anyone have the Awake! that outlines the directive? I would love to be able to see a copy of it some how. Any suggestions, comments or thoughts?

• penny2
    penny2

Hi whitman and welcome to JWD! Nice to see another Aussie on board.

I don't think a "directive" would be in an Awake! magazine. This is now a very "general interest" type of magazine. It might have been mentioned as a good idea in an article about natural disasters.

penny

• yknot
    yknot

jw.org has MP3s of all the Augusts Pubs....

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

G'day Whitman....Don't Panic! The article in question never mentions Armagedon but....Natural desasters, like New Orleans etc. The article suggests keeping extra food, medicine, an "emergency bag." Many Witnesses assume this is a "great Tribulation" bag but no where is this implied in the article or congregations......of course many Witnesses are in a tizzy, thinking this "hints" at Armagedon. Maybe some smart men at Bethel planned it that way. Although, the article steers clear of this, so you can't pin anything on them.

• Lady Zombie
    Lady Zombie

I know there are several witnesses in my area who took it really serious and have been putting together Tribulation backpacks.

Including my folks.

• LaniB
    LaniB

Kind of funny but that is what the latter day saints recommend their people to do, have a 72hr bag ready for emergencies and also go further and keep supplies on hand for times of trouble (and for future scriptually predicted hard times ahead). Their recommendation includes a years supply of food for every member of the household so if the Borg starts recommending putting food away for future hard times we will know which religion they are borrowing from.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

I've been flooded twice.

therefore, have learned the practicality of having 2 cases of bottled water, canned foods, and other good that can be used with bad drinking water, and no electricity.

the problem with the WT is the minset it puts on its people. fear can rot you from the inside out

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

I've got 7 cases of beer just to be safe...in case the "big one" hits it will be worth more then gold!

I'm sure good Witnesses have a suite case full of bibles and Watchtowers for the "Tribulation" times.

• whitman
    whitman

Hmmmm...I should start hoarding. I thought it was odd for a 'directive' to come from an Awake! article. I assumed it was a strategic move that didn't actually commit the borg to a date of 'disaster' but allowed the r&f to feel as though they had some practical things to attend to in preparation for 'The Disaster'. I found the inclusion of a deed to a house a little amusing. Does anyone know exactly what is to be included in the 'tribulation pack'?

• sacolton
    sacolton

JWs need not to worry about Tribulation -- the Watchtower taught them that Jehovah will have a magical protective bubble around them. Their eyes will merely see the destruction, but they will be safe. No need for an emergency bag. That lacks faith in Jah.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit