New NGO-Letter by German Branch

by GermanXJW 26 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

It's also funny that they introduce their letter to the branches speaking of "published allegations by opposers" and conclude in the official response: "We are grateful that this matter was
    brought to our attention."

:-)

• D wiltshire
    D wiltshire

GermanJW,
    Yeah that really got me too:

It's also funny that they introduce their letter to the branches speaking of "published allegations by opposers" and conclude in the official response: "We are grateful that this matter was
    brought to our attention."

They are masters at speaking out of both sides of their mouth at the same time.
    Old injun saying: "WT speak with fork tongue"

They are so grateful for this matter being brought to their attention that they have formed serveral Judicial committees to make sure that the ones who brought it to their attention,.. are properly rewarded.

A little shunning WT stlye should properly express their gratitude.
    With friends like this who needs enemies?

If someone lived a trillion X longer than you, and had a billion X more reasoning ability would he come to the same conclusions as you?
  • avengers
    avengers
    some of our brothers seem to have a stronger confidence in the media and reports launched by our opposers than to statements made by the Organization by means of which they have learnt the truth.

What are they saying here? What was launched by opposers? Was I an opposer? No. I was obedient to the slave. I never joined the army, I did't take a government job (there were days that if you took a government job you were dealt with). I stayed away from organizations like the UN. I wanted nothing to do with the wild beast. I did nothing wrong. Tell me WT what I did wrong. To expose the truth is wrong. It might be in your eyes. In other words. Everybody is wrong but the WT is never wrong. I'm realy here. If there's anything I can do to expose the WT for what they are just say the word.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Who is the stupid one here? You know the Wt is getting themselves into a trap here by saying they didn't know what the NGO stood for. I can't believe they would be that ignorant to just sign something they didn't understand or do they believe the rank and file JW's are that stupid? Boy the GB must have sore asses riding that scarlett colored beast.

Will

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

See the Original letter scanned at http://observer.org

Unfortunately, the English translation still contains my copy/paste-mistake mentioned above.

I have already mailed Kent to correct it.

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

There are still some sections in the German letter I like to comment on:

In the reports, obviously a fact has been (maybe intentionally) misunderstood and used to discredit Jehovah's Witnesses. We can assure you that Jehovah's Witnesses and the legal corporations used by them have never been a part of the United Nations.

Obviously a question (maybe intentionally) has been misunderstood and another one was answered. Nobody ever asked if the WTS has been a part of the United Nations.

We can add that at the time of the registration there was not even the need to sign the registration-form which shows how low the significance of the registration was perceived.
    The scanned forms on the net show that at least after the registation only a High Rank Official could sign. That shows how important the significance was evaluated by the UN.

Dear Brother ***, what makes us always a bit sad is the fact that some of our brothers seem to have a stronger confidence in the media and reports launched by our opposers than to statements made by the Organization by means of which they have learnt the truth.
    It's the inverted rule found in the Live Forver-Book (p.47): "Well, if someone told you the truth a hundred times, would you suddenly doubt him when he told you something new? If you had never found him wrong, would you now begin to doubt him? How unreasonable that would be!"(p.47) It also works vice versa.

Of course we expect to be reproached, slandered and that any tiny occasion is used to put us in a bad light. We expect that and we are even happy about it because we endure this for Jehovah and his son (Matthew 5:11; 1 Peter 4:14).
    They were caught in the act and now they try to pass it on to Jehovah and His son.

Surely, no one of us wants to belong to those mentioned in Matthew 24:49 and 3 John 10. Of course, Satan would be happy if he urged us that far.
    This is obviously New Light. Matthew 24:45-51 had its fulfilment in 1914-1919, so today we can not belong to those mentioned in Matthew 24:49, can we? Except we are Russellites? I don't think it were Russellites pointing to the UN WebSite.

Our opposers always spread the idea that we do some secret operations while keeping the publishers ignorant. These accusations are likely as old as Christianity itself -
    This is an interesting one. They don't say that they don't have secret operations but just say these are old accusations and link themselves to 1st century Christians. BTW, any evidence from the first century that Christian leaders were accused of having secret operations while keeping the adherents ignorant?

those putting their confidence in the leading of the men appointed by God were blessed.
    And the WTS is appointed by God, right?

One example for this is Absalom's rebellion. He reproached God's annointed king David when he told those who came with a legal case to the king: “See, your matters are good and straight; but there is no one from the king giving you a hearing.”
    Pretty far away from the NGO thing,hm?

Surely, we want to follow Ittai's example who firmly stood by Jehovah's annointed
    Reads: "Now look up who Ittai was and leave us alone."

In the confidence that Jehovah is giving us all the power to endure
    They need a lot of power to endure...
  • FideiDefensor
    FideiDefensor

The org says it was never a secret about their involvement with the UN and yet was there anything in the WT or any other org publication that imformed the Rank and File about it? How can something not be a secret and yet they did not tell anyone about it? It wasn't until the public exposure that they offered a lame excuse. What else is the org doing in secret? I know of few christian groups who do things out of the public eye. Why not allow observers at judical meetings if it is ok with the 'accused'? Why not allow fellow Jw's to sit in on GB meetings? For a group who claims to have the whole truth they sure seem to want to hide things.

(Luke 8:17 NRSV) For nothing is hidden that will not be disclosed, nor is anything secret that will not become known and come to light.

(Eph 5:11,12 NRSV) Take no part in the unfruitful works of darkness, but instead expose them. For it is shameful even to mention what such people do secretly.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit