News Flash !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by TooBad TooSad 74 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• TooBad TooSad
    TooBad TooSad

My wife excitedly told me that she talked to the wife of an elder that just came back from

the special training for elders in upper state New York and that the elders are being told

to go back to their congregations and to get them ready for the Great Tribulation.

I said to her that is great news !!!! Should I stop saving for our retirement or is it OK now

to quit my job and just live off of our savings? She was not so sure after that statement.

I told her that I said the same thing back in the early 1970's when I was an elder. In

fact I told people that they would die in the fall of 1975 if they did not become JW's.

Those people just laughed at me and said that I was crazy. The Witchtower Babble and

Trick Society knows that they had tremendous growth during that time because of the fear

factor. Now that their growth numbers are not doing so good why not try the same

tactic again? The Witnesses who are loons will get worked up into a frenzy as well

as the young ones who did not experience the "stay alive till 75" doctrine. The ones

that are on the fence and who are doing some internet researching will be see the need

of speeding up their fade of just dropping out of the book publishing company.

However I think that there will be a net gain by the upcoming "the sky is falling" hysteria

which will only lead to disappointment in 5 years as once again the flock read too

much into what the Society actually said.

TooBad TooSad

• sir82
    sir82

Fascinating.

A Bethel rep told our assembly that it will take aat least 3 years just to "educate" just the POs from all the US congregations. They won't cover the rest of the elders for several years beyond that.

So either

(A) Armageddon won't be here for another 3 years, or

(B) There are hundreds or thousands of congregations that are screwed because their elders won't have had a chance to be "educated" at the special school

Oh wait, I forgot option (C): It's all a load of horse patootie.

• flipper
    flipper

TOO BAD, TOO SAD- Ah yes- the old " get yourself prepared for the great tribulation " trick ! Once again as the immortal rock group Led Zeppelin once said in song, " The Song Remains the Same " ! LOL! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

For the Watchtower society- fear is a great aphrodisiac ! Peace out again, Mr. Flipper

• TooBad TooSad
    TooBad TooSad

I really thought that I was making some headway with my wife and she was starting

to miss meetings without feeling guilty. Then this news about how close the end is

and she reverts right back to her good old JW mentality. The WTBTS knows what they

are doing. They are pros at the carrot on a stick and serve me or die. They have been

at it since the late 1800's.

TBTS

• Quandry
    Quandry

I said to her that is great news !!!! Should I stop saving for our retirement or is it OK nowto quit my job and just live off of our savings? She was not so sure after that statement.

That is hilarious!!!!!! Please ask her to go back and ask the elder who made this statement that question. Ask her to ask him what he is planning to do, in view of the urgency.......then get back with us.....

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

Flashback to 1975

ESTEE

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone
    the elders are being told to go back to their congregations and to get them ready for the Great Tribulation.

Did he elaborate on how, exactly, they are supposed to do that? Dig a bomb shelter? Stockpile food? Go out in service more, perhaps? Not to miss any meetings?

GGG

• JAVA
    JAVA

As ESTEE already said, this brings "flashbacks of 1975." I was an elder and remember having a part of the Service Meeting about '75 and getting as many as possible in before the big A. A special effort was made to get as many weak JWs and bible studies to that meeting so they could hear this special message from the Tower. Yep, that was over 33-years ago, and the Tower is still turning tricks with that line.

• CunningMan
    CunningMan
    "My wife excitedly told me that she talked to the wife of an elder that just came back from the special training for elders in upper state New York and that the elders are being told to go back to their congregations and to get them ready for the Great Tribulation."

Sounds like a rumor or somebody misunderstood what someone meant.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Fear is probably their biggest proponent in keeping the power in play, rehashing tried and true doctrines is their way of keeping the flock intact

and the money and support that follows.

You know it is quite tricky when you think about it because lets say you've been only involved with the JWS for a few years, you would probably not know that this was played

out identically decades go, well we better get out in service right away with the literature so we can save lives..........cunning is it not ?

Shouldn't the GB members really be called Marketing executives of the Corperation

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit