R.F. Update: I guess it's working....

by R.F. 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• R.F.
    R.F.

.....dropping of the face of the JW world is what i'm talking about.

Hello all, thought i'd fill anyone interested in on what's been going on with me............

Well life has been great. My relationship with my parents is great even though it's been a year since i've severed all JW activities. They haven't really put pressure on me lately to attend meetings, but they both are basically inactive themselves. Mom hasn't been to a meeting in 3-4 months, and dad only goes maybe once every week if even that much and never goes in field service.

I seem to be getting shunned by the local JWs now, well, by some of them at least. There have been several that i've seen out in public that looked me dead-on in the face and kept walking like they didn't see me. An elder even did this to me a couple of times actually. A few Dubs try to come by and visit every now and then though. I actually let one in last week but they didn't really talk about me getting back to meetings, which was quite surprising. None of the elders have tried to visit me lately, and they know where I live.....that's surprising as well.

I've begun to share a bit with my sister(never a baptized JW but believes in it somewhat....I think) about some of my thoughts about the org. I've touched on the hypocrisy within it as well as the false love that is shown. I've come very close to working up the courage to tell my parents how I really feel, but i've decided to opt out on that until I feel it's absolutely necessary to tell them. I really don't think they'd shun me if I did tell them, but I see no need to stir the pot just yet when things are quite peaceful.

Like I said fromt he onset, things have been great. I've been actually getting closer with my family, making new non-jw friends, looking forward to starting school next month, and just being glad that I made the break from the religion at my age.

Thanks for reading, you guys are an awesome bunch.

R.F.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Well hey there, Little Big Brother.

It's good to hear that things are going peacefully for you and that you're getting into school.

I tried to send you an e-mail, but I'm afraid it didn't work. My g'kids have just about murdered my old dinosaur of a computer.

Nice to have posting again; a year makes a big difference, no?

Sylvia

• MeneMene
    MeneMene

Good to hear things are going so good for you. Enjoy a wonderful life of freedom.

• JK666
    JK666

Hi,

Good seeing you again. How did everything work out with going to school?

JK

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Good to hear things are moving along smoothly for you ! (geez that kind of sounded like an ex-lax commercial eek )

Seriously though it is good to hear your family is not putting pressure on you to return to meetings . You are young and have so much to look forward to , school is a great start .

My older two sons are still some what captive to the concept of JW's ,but are both inactive at this time I don't push anything on them I just let them observe the craziness of many of our former friends ,and then remind them how happy I am not to be involved with it anymore .

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

RF...

good to see you on the board.... it is a good and bad thing you havent been here....bad because we miss you ...good because it means you are getting a real life....and working toward that often elusive goal of becoming an ex-EX-JW....

I enjoyed the trip down to AR last year...be nice to do it again sometime, but damn gas is expensive!

Glad to hear you are going back to school..... me too...took a break and then started back in the fall..... couple classes at a time...

My relationship with my parents is great even though it's been a year since i've severed all JW activities

that's nice that your folks are not bugging you about the Borg...even better that they themselves arent bothering with it much themselves.... and as to telling them your real feelings? ya...you might want to keep that one to yourself.... sh*t doesnt stink unless you stir it.....

IM/email if you get the chance...stay busy in the Lord's work Real Life ...LOL

Snakes ()

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

RF - do you know that over the weekend I was actually going to make a post to see if anyone has heard from you? I missed you..... You must have been reading my thoughts.

• RollerDave
    RollerDave

Good Going, R.F!

I am truly glad to hear that you managed it so well, it could have gone so much worse.

Breathe deep that sweet smelling air of freedom, just bask in the hope for the future you have found where you had been told no hope existed at all, and move forward towards life that matters.

Always do your best, always improve, always do the right thing, and you can't help but do well.

God Bless,

RD

• independent_tre
    independent_tre

Glad to hear things are going well for someone on this board

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

Good to hear everything is going well. I hope it continues.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit