7 Years...and no itch in sight

by donkey 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• donkey
    donkey

Well, it was 7 years today that I attended my last meeting. There is none and never will be any inkling for me to return. How long has it been for you?

• Purza
    Purza

I think my last meeting was sometime in October, 2001. So it is just about 7 years for me too.

No inkling for me to return either. My life has gotten MUCH better since I left.

Purza

• Satanus
    Satanus

12 yrs for me. Never going back.

S

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

the longer I'm away,. the more it seems like some distant dream..or maybe it happened in another life.

I can not under any circumstance imagine sitting though all those meetings,...showing up on strangers doors weekend after weekend...attending Vacation/Assembly's for fun.

lisa

• Farkel
    Farkel

My last meeting was in January of 1975, thirty three years ago, but I was already inactive by then and in a new town. I went because my JW wife asked me to go. Neither one of us had been to that KH. We walked in and no one greeted us. We sat through the meetings and then lulled around for about 5 or 10 minutes after it was over waiting to see what would happen. It was like we were invisible. As we left, I said to myself, "Boy did I make the right decision in leaving this religion. This is a bunch of shit."

I went to a KH at my Dad's funeral in 2001 and saw people I had grown up with. They were all very friendly and comforting. Then again, that was my father's funeral after all.

Farkel

• shamus100
    shamus100

Oh, about seven years or so too. I don't have one little inkling to go back, ever.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

last meeting was 97, last memorial was 2003.

don't mind me i just like adding pic's

but she does have a smile on her face...

h4o

• Dagney
    Dagney

7 years for me as well...last meeting June 2001.

Not an itch once in those years, and never ever will there be one.

• brinjen
    brinjen

I can't remember exactly when I went to my last meeting... would have been around mid 97 so 11 years now. 11 great years.

• Gopher
    Gopher

It's been seven and a half years for me. It seems longer. No itch to go back. 40 years (from birth on) of going to Droneville was much more than enough.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit