What happens when you move far away right in the middle of a Judicial case

by 83501nwahs 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• 83501nwahs
    83501nwahs

I'm curious if anyone has tried this and what is the WT protocol for such a situation.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

I think they may take that as "your final answer" and df you in your behalf not being there.

hope4others

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Well they will frown on it for sure. Normal proticall would be to turn the case and info over to the elders in the new congo and have them continue it. I would imagine with the elder ranks being so taxed, The new body could probably care less.

• 83501nwahs
    83501nwahs

Does anyone know the process for moving someone's publisher card to another hall? Do the "brothers" have to talk with the secretary of the new hall?

Would it be possible to set up an arrangement where we could provide a service for those entrenched in a judicial case, a phone number and address and phony congregation number to have publisher cards sent there? Has anybody ever thought of this?

To what extent do elders check out the congregation that someone is moving to? Ex-elder comments welcome.

• Highlander
    Highlander

Shawn,

The secretary handles the transfer of publisher records. Typically it is done with just a phone call to get the address to send the file to. In the past, I did the legwork and got the address from the secretary of my new congregation and gave that to the old congregation. Had I been smarter, I would have opened up a mailbox or po box and had the records sent to myself.

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

Do JC's happen over a period of time then?

I have been in front of one when i was young, but it was done and dusted in one afternoon. As i haven't been df'd i haven't really been involved in one since, thought they were all like my experience.

Paul

• Octarine Prince
    Octarine Prince

They are wise to any tricks with fake congregations and secretaries, so be forewarned.

• blondie
    blondie

It all depends if the elders involved feel they have enough "proof" to df; they don't have to talk to the individual. Some congregations do send certified letters (3 times) to cover their rears before they announce in the congregation that they "are no longer one of Jehovah's Witnesses." Even if you move, I have never seen this de-rail someone being "df'd." I have seen elder bodies send the cards to the new congregation even if the person doesn't request it. I have seen this done when someone is attending a congregation for some time but have not switched their cards.

• Farkel
    Farkel

I had already gone irregular or inactive when I moved to another city. My PO asked me what neighborhood in my new town was to be my home. I told him I hadn't found a place to live there yet (I had found a place though), so he handed my Watchtower Report Card(tm). I tore it up and tossed it out the window en route to my new destination.

I wasn't in the middle of a Judicial Hearing though, and that was over thirty years ago. Even still, I got lucky.

That is known as the "superfast fade!"

Farkel

• blondie
    blondie

I don't think the secretary gives the card to the individual jw any more. Probably because they tend to go missing. If you don't tell anyone where you move to it is hard to forward your cards. But that means telling no one, including your jw family. They will let the cat out of the bag in a heartbeat.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit