dawn bible students

by jehovahsheep 28 Replies latest jw friends

• zeroday
    zeroday
    but will get another chance at serving christ

Christ, who's that...I never found him...

• Satanus
    Satanus

'another chance at serving christ.how many religious groups teach that?'

Most of them, i would say. Jesus is still looking for servants, slaves, and general help around his house, i hear.

S

• Satanus
    Satanus

Some churches have taken jesus at his word, when he said to ask him anything in his name and he would do it. That makes jesus their servant/slave, i suppose.

S

• RR
    RR
    ...not one thing Russell predicted came true that's what baffles me about the Bible Students Russell is not here to bring forth new light and his light was definately wrong yet they still study everything he wrote...

That's what irks me about people like you zero (no offense) is you think the majority of what Russell taught is all based on chronology and prophecy. It isn't. So just because what he believed was going to happen didn't when he expected to don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. Russell stated that God's plan was like a harp, and that if one of the strings broke, it cold still be played wonderfully. Chronology and prophecy was just one string. The Plan is still intact and wonderful. What the Judge and suceeding leaders did was throw out the harp for a kazoo.

RR

• Quentin
    Quentin

Interesting topic...goes hand and glove with the "Christadelphin" topic...I think, if I was so inclined, I would look into both groups as an alternitive to the wt.

It would, take a lot of research to do, be interesting to see how many groups exist that have similar teachings that are close to wt doctrin. Especialy since the wt mis-represent and hides this information from the r&f.

If the average jw knew, assuming they could actually think for themselves, there existed a "kinder gentler" version of the wt the tower would fold up like a water soaked cardboard box.

• zeroday
    zeroday
    That's what irks me about people like you zero (no offense) is you think the majority of what Russell taught is all based on chronology and prophecy.

Russells was an endtimes theology what is the Bible Students current position on the endtimes and paradise earth...

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

Outaservice

• mouthy
    mouthy

In terms of salvation, there in nothing in any of Christ’s teachings or the apostolic writings to suggest that salvation is attained through membership in any earthly institution. All of their writings spoke exclusively of relationship with Christ.

Amen to that quote....I was suprised to learn it was CONNALY that started the WT in the beginning of its run.... From Barbara Andersdon on the Conf: call.
    I too got interested in the Bible Students when I was kicked out. But came to the conclusion it was another cult.... To be free is to be free- Dont need mens opinions in mho, Christ has very good ways to follow... I think one thing somebody said which in my opinion is right on, Religion causes more problems than anything, relationship is the only healer

• justhuman
    justhuman

Instead of reading the writtings of 18th century Russell pyramidology wacko and Mason, is good to have an examination of the Church History, who set the Biblical Canon, and if the Apostolic Chuch ever apostasized. Christianity is there for 2000 years, with Apostolic succession, Martyrs, Saints, Miracles, writtings of the Early Apostolic Church Fathers dating 1700 years. Dawn Bible Students are just another herecy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit