dawn bible students

by jehovahsheep 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Rapunzel
    Rapunzel

The truth is either in the ether or in the aether. Then again, perhaps it is in neither, but rather in the nether [world], that is to say in the cthonic depths of the unconscious.

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

After leaving the JWs I attended a few Dawn Bible Student meetings. It was not with the idea of joining their group but more of a historical interest to see if they were so violently anti-JW as the Watchtower claimed. The group I met with was very kind and never once mentioned the JWs except to say that one of the members of their group was an ex-JW. Anyway, their study books were Russell's Studies in the Scriptures, but the discussion was much more open than a Watchtower study at the KH. They also had birthday parties after the service.

However, not all Bible Student groups keep the 606 or 607 BC date. The Pastoral Bible Institute accepts 586 BC as the date for Jerusalem's destruction and the beginning of the Gentile Times. Of course RR is the resident Bible Student scholar and he has a wealth of information on the movement, its beliefs and its history. He has been very helpful in answering questions about Russell and the Bible Students.

• tfjw
    tfjw

The early Bible Students in Russell's era did not believe that "truth" was only in one "organization" or that God worked with only one denomination.

There are many examples of where Russell said that God's people are in various denominations. In the Photodrama of Creation, as one example, Russell said the "members of the Body of Christ are not confined to one denomination, but constitute the saintly ones of every church and outside of every human system." (page 88). By the way, this book is still available in a very nice format.

From my discussions with Bible Students and personal examination of the literature from the early days of Russell to the present, the teachings of Russell, except for some of the more minor issues, are nothing like what JWs teach today. Rutherford took the Society in a completely different direction. Russell and the early Bible Students were very open to fellowshipping with other Christians in different churches. That would be unheard of today in the JWs and would be a cause for disfellowshipping. I know some modern day Bible Students feel that Christians can only be Christians if they are Bible Students but I think that is a minority thought perpetuated by individual personalities over individual Bible Student classes (churches).

Just my 2 cents.

• jehovahsheep
    jehovahsheep

the hard part to let go zeroday is the teachings they have that are right-such as condition of the dead ,resurrection hope,no hellfire,relationship between the father and son.not to many groups share those beliefs.so this is way i am investigating these religions.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Hey, jehovahsheep. Welcome.

When i first left the wt, i was where you are now. I also checked out a couple of groups that were close to jws in beliefs. Have fun checking out the bible students. They are much more friendly than the jws.

S

• RR
    RR

Hi Sheep, man these guys are brutal. I am a former JW, and have been associated with the BIble Students for the better part of 20 years. The DAWN as you know is a publishing house, at least that's what they believe. However, they are not the central headquarters for the BIble Students community. many work with the DAWN, but there are many independent congregations who published also. If you need help, just PM me.

The Bible Students aren't perfect, because they are not structured like the JW's, there is a lot of freedom, but too much freedom is just as bad as no freedom.

RR

• zeroday
    zeroday
    the hard part to let go zeroday is the teachings they have that are right-such as condition of the dead ,resurrection hope,no hellfire,relationship between the father and son.not to many groups share those beliefs.so this is way i am investigating these religions.

Give Atheism a try...talk about new light...

• zeroday
    zeroday
    The Bible Students aren't perfect

HEY good to see you RR I knew this thread would bring you here...after Russell died Rutherford just substituted one unperfect theology with another one...Russell was just as wrong as the modern day JW's...not one thing Russell predicted came true that's what baffles me about the Bible Students Russell is not here to bring forth new light and his light was definately wrong yet they still study everything he wrote...

• zeroday
    zeroday
    its probably my hunger for much information

Actually the Bible Students have excellent research tool...they have a CD "Berean Bible Studies" that has almost everything Russell wrote...I have ordered this and other material from RR...Don't get excited RR it was for research purposes only...

• jehovahsheep
    jehovahsheep

for all us blasphemers against the wts-we have annilation awaiting us at armegeddon according to their doctrine.but when we blaspheme against the bible students and their founder-we will not be judged but will get another chance at serving christ.how many religious groups teach that?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit