peace and quiet on a Sunday

by nondescriptex 16 Replies latest jw friends

• nondescriptex
    nondescriptex

It's Sunday. I'm just sitting here. I won't be forcing myself to sit through an enormously boring and depressing meeting. I won't be struggling to make superficial conversations with self righteous nervous people. I won't be parading in to McDonald's in a suit to choke down fast food between the meeting and field service. I won't be pounding on doors annoying people at their homes. Just being home on the weekend and not feeling guilty about it is a big treat after years of running in circles.

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Great isn't it? I am sitting outside drinking coffee, looking on JWD, and enjoying the pretty weather. Last year I would have been stressed out getting me and the kids ready for meeting.

momz

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

That's why "worldly" people always look forward to the weekend.....now you know why.

• kerj2leev
    kerj2leev
    That's why "worldly" people always look forward to the weekend.....now you know why.

There's an old song about that..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGOPQrf1yvI It's not "working on the weekend".

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Man I miss the 80's!

And Witnesses don't say "Thank God it's Friday-----we get to go in service tomorrow!!!"

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I have had more time to post on this forum on Sunday, without having to worry about getting ready to go to the boasting session or out in field circus. And, when the Grand Boasting Session is in progress, I hope to be here posting away. The only way I will be going is if I get physically dragged in.

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Saturday mornings too...when I first got out, I loved being able to go outside and garden! To listen to the sound of lawnmowers and kids laughing in the neighborhood coming and going from little league games or running through sprinklers! Smell of fresh cut grass, coffee, new newspapers.....Today Im sitting here with my coffee (with Mudslide creamer!) my cat on my desk and the Florida sunshine coming in the window. I hear blue jays, mockingbirds and peacocks outside and see the joggers and the walkers out doing their thing.

Yeah baby...its the little things in life!

• wings
    wings

I just had the same feeling! Was talking to my sister in law who had to get off the phone to go to meeting. I got this internal rush of excitement and relief! Nothing else like it. I love Sundays!

wings (welcome to the board)

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Nondes,

Welcome to JWD and thanks for expressing what I and others apparently have at the front of the brain this fine Sunday morn.

Had a great b'fast, went for a walk and met Penny the Pooch, who was walking her master. We (the master and I) had a nice conversation about our local theatre and the pleasant lives we enjoy. I stay home two or three days at a stretch - no muss, no fuss.

Prior to my last meeting two years ago this Father's Day, I thought to myself, "I don't want to spend the rest of my life (which might be over tomorrow) living like this."

If I had a tent I'd really be a happy camper.

CoCo Content

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

I'M EASY LIKE A SUNDAY MORNING.....ask my wife.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit