Are some Congregations more "Elite" than others...?

by Casper 13 Replies latest jw friends

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I dont know about elite congregations. I got to be in the Drama at Cleveland Stadium back in 73, I played Noahs sun Ham. Got my picture in the local papper and shook Knoors hand.

I dont know how I got that job, they asked and my wife and I were in the drama.

I didnt aspire or try out for it, it just happened.

I was a pioneer and a ministerial servant.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

YES - if they have brother who are on the District Convention Organization Committee - or on the Circuit Committee etc - they always have brothers in who get more talks etc and the CO visits them first etc,

• StAnn
    StAnn

Yes. Once I saw it come back to bite a cong. in the butt.

There was a cong. where income was high and field service was low. It was all about being a social club. The women were very competitive, all wearing designer clothes, expensive jewelry, and tons of makeup. The men competed with fancy cars. Poverty and body fat were not tolerated.

Then we changed circuit overseers. He told me that his wife cried whenever they had to come to our cong. because none of the sisters would talk to her or associate with her because she was overweight. It was true. He was angry about this. He came down on that cong. very hard, said they were too cliquish and not field service focused, and dismantled the cong. He demoted all of the elders. He assigned the people in cliques to differing congs. so that they couldn't re-establish their little groups elsewhere. He also took the KH and sold it outright.

That cong. eventually rematerialized and built a new KH but is in a different part of the city and has different people in it now.

They should have been nice to the CO's wife.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

hey St.Ann that is a pretty funny story. I think as far as that sort of thing goes, JWs are just exactly like the world. People are judged on a very worldly basis.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit