Simon - you were right. I was wrong.

by donkey 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Warlock
    Warlock
    I think congress went along with him out of fear.

Fear?

Dan, you must be joking.

THEY WENT ALONG BECAUSE THEY ARE CORRUPT.

Warlock

• donkey
    donkey

Bush handled 9/11 (and the next few weeks) incredibly well IMO. Shortly after that he got hit with terminal stupidity. It's a shame really.

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

And a lot of Republican congressmen were voted out of office in 06, and I imagine more will be this year.

• donkey
    donkey

America needs to change the whole way we look at things. This isn't about wars, terrorists or other stuff. America needs to get out of the "consume it now" mentality and start thinking about the consequences of what we do - consequences to ourselves, our kids and our grandkids. Sadly it's only ever about 2 year cycles (elections) and anyone thinking or acting with greater foresight is doomed to be shut down in the USA now.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    I think congress went along with him out of fear.

Fear?

Dan, you must be joking.

THEY WENT ALONG BECAUSE THEY ARE CORRUPT.

Warlock

People tend to forget that an act of terrorism that is both in it's reality and in it's implications far more frightening than what happened on 9/11, was perpetrated on a handful of journalist and two Democratic Senators just weeks after 9/11. These anthrax attacks almost certainly came from within. "At the time Daschle was the Senate Majority leader and Leahy was head of the Senate Judiciary Committee. Both were identified in the media as holding up the proposed Patriot Act because of concerns that some parts of it would violate civil liberties."

Petty things like death aside, while I certainly wish the Democratic leadership had at times shown more cajones, or maybe just more faith in the American people ability to discern truth from propaganda, there certainly was a time (basically 2002 thru 2004) when you would not keep your elected seat if you criticized the Bush administration, especially about national security issues. So a large portion of the blame falls squarely on we-the-people.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I supported Bush and the war in Iraq - I was wrong. But it was correct to remove Saddam Hussein. It would have been better to concentrate on going after Bin Laden in Afghanistan and the tribal area of Pakistan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit