Simon - you were right. I was wrong.

by donkey 25 Replies latest jw friends

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

I dont trust Barack Obama. I dont trust Hillary Clinton. I dont trust John McCain.

Not a whole lot of choice, is there? We are stuck with people raising hundreds of millions of dollars jetting across the country on campaigns for a primary not even an election.... wasting thousands upon thousands of gallons of fuel and polluting the air with their exhaust fumes (both literal and proverbial) to tell us what? Nothing we havent heard before and promises that we have heard before and promises that will be broken....SSDD

I think I would vote for Obama just to get the Republicans out of the White House....no other reason... if I bother to vote.

whenever Bush opens his mouth, we get a lot of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoNVOH9ygNM

http://politicalhumor.about.com/od/lettermanvideos/youtube/greatmoments1.htm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4kKpBwE1Y8

these (and 466,000 other hits) can be found by googleing :

Q.: What will David Letterman do when Bush leaves office? A. Probably retire...lol

Snakes ()

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

I would vote for him again. Based on what he did for the Supreme Court

• mouthy
    mouthy

DD? would vote for him again. Based on what he did for the Supreme Court

What did he do.. I am Canadian Dont know

• dinah
    dinah

Mouthy, the religious right is trying to take over America-----in a nutshell.

They should have at least elected someone who doesn't make them all look for stoooopid.

• oompa
    oompa

What if he is actually a serial genius? What if the only way to end islamic terror is make peace and democracy start breaking out all over the mid-east.....and then the love us so much.....we get oil for the next one hundred years for $20 a barrel? Hey I can dream cant I !?!?....oompa

• drew sagan
    drew sagan
    Naw....that would be Jimmy Carter....Bush Jr is the most hated in the last hundred years...

Carter went into the White House without any working knowledge on how to work with the Congress and the Senate. He was stonewalled every step of the way. I also tend to believe that Presidents get way to much credit for when things go good, and way to much blame for when things go bad.

There are things that Bush Jr. has been a part of that are 100% his responsibility, mainly the Iraq war. He went out every day and sold it to the American people. He was active and vocal in calling the nation to support war on Iraq.

This country was plunged into an unnecessary war. Rather than looking at containment for rouge states, Bush foolishly thought he could bring about regime change which entered into 'nation building', something that has proven track record for not working. Eventually even hard hitting conservatives like Bill Buckley and George Will have seen this as a mark on our country.

• Warlock
    Warlock
    Bush is undoubtedly the worst president of the USA - EVER!!!

Honestly, since you didn't live under EVERY American president, you cannot come to that conclusion. The funny part of the whole thing, is while many of you look at the president and point fingers, you REALLY should be looking at the congress and senate. Warlock

• drew sagan
    drew sagan
    you REALLY should be looking at the congress and senate.

Couldn't be more right. A President unwilling to show any restraint and a congress going along every step of the way.

• oompa
    oompa

perfect storm...oompa

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Couldn't be more right. A President unwilling to show any restraint and a congress going along every step of the way.

I think congress went along with him out of fear. As English-challenged and seemingly simple-minded as he is, GWB has that ineffable fear-inspiring quality about him. His pure petulance and complete lack of any self-doubt makes him a nearly impossible foe. The polar opposite of Carter I guess. Nobody feared Jimmy, everybody feared Georgie. Oh, and then there's that Rove character too...one of the all-time tactical geniuses, and a 100% loyal and rabid pit bull in fighting for his master's cause, and he served as the model of the sort of highly aggressive and brutally tactical ideologue for others who would want to serve. There's some people that you just can't fight; you have to just wait for them to go away or hope that they are thwarted by some other means.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit