No CO's - Is It True?

by aniron 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

The only problem I have with this is the control issue.
    The borg does not like giving up control over anything.
    So I ask, why would they give up direct control over the congregations?
    I understand not being sued, but it seems to be a big loss of power for little gain. From rumors I've heard and thinking it over, imho, the bookstudy was combined with the kms in order to free up elders to do the work that the co's do. Then the WTB&TS can have a company man spying on the congregations without having him on the payroll; saves money and shields them from liability.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

They will certainly get rid of them in America.

Remember the case at new York Brothel, where the law was made clear that the Society will be liable for the medical expenses of those who had spent their life working for the society?

Were any of us surprized when just a few months after the physiotherapist sister won her case all the older beth Hellites were sent away for field circus?

In Europe as well there are rumblings that religious communities are going to have to provide for the retirement pensions of their "servants". Sweden set the agenda here. No surprise their beth hell was downsized too. (priests, Monks and nuns are already very well provided for by the evil bride of Satan the Roman church of course.!!!)

Can you imagine how happy the Witchtower will be when told it has to provide retirement annuities for all its former DO, and CO?

The job of CO will be "readjusted" to be somebody who voluntarily does the job at his own expense. So of course it will be the greedy, the ambitious power-hungry bullies who will claw their way to the top of the dung heap.

The R&F will lap it up:

"How loving this new arrangement truly is! I always thought the CO was too good to be true and far removed from the everyday honest-hearted ones. Everybody put on an act for his visits. Now it will be better because a local volunteer will know our situation and be sympathetic... The Faithful Slave is so in touch with our needs."

HB

• FairMind
    FairMind

If this is true (and why not?) then the WTS is being dismantled, plank by plank one step at a time.

• Forscher
    Forscher

Consider another possibility.

Say Obama becomes president with an increased majority in congress. Guess what will come down the pike? Universal health care! No matter what form it takes such a mandate will drive up the cost of healthcare big time. And I doubt the WTBTS wants to have to finance that one for as big a force of workers as they have now.

A reduction in their workforce is already underway. They were already looking at ways to automate as much as possible and reduce their healthcare costs to begin with. That was likely a significant reason for who they let go in the rounds of cuttings in the last few years. A universal healthcare mandate will make them even more desperate to cut those they'll be obligated to provide coverage for under the new mandate.

Under that scenario cutting back on traveling overseers and replacing them with locals they don't have to pony up the money for becomes awfully attractive. Bet you they are watching this year's election pretty closely up in Brooklyn.

Forscher

• Santisimo
    Santisimo

COs are basically traveling sales managers. They visit each KH in their district to perform audits and see how the sales force is doing. The CO is an EMPLOYEE of the WTS, that is why he gets a paid apartment, and "company" car. His job is to make sure that volunteer sales force is bringing in the money. And of course, the CO is there to collect as many free dinners as he can.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I have heard the same thing from several different sources (of course, the official site is not one of them). More than likely, they will have local hounders from the city take the responsibilities of the hounder-hounder, and will become the new hounder-hounders. Meaning fewer congregations that they will be responsible for, and more frequent visits to make sure these waste of paper campaigns do not go 85-90% unfinished.

• carla
    carla

All this talk of hounders watching the hounders who watch the..... just reminds me of the Dr. Suess book about the Beewatchers, remember that one?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit