Do you want to know everything?

by John Doe 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Satanus
    Satanus

This is going to be a cliche post. I basically used to be interested in knowing about everything. I used to read, read, read, and research. Then, i had what i call a light experience in meditation. Not that i have been mr happy since then, but my thirst for knowing stuff is basically slacked. I still am curious about a few things, but i have let go the voracious search for knowledge. Cliche, as i warned.

S

• IMustBreakAway
    IMustBreakAway

Sure I WANT to know everything. But I know I wont.

But I also believe that the universe is knowable. If in fact I believe anything it is the idea that even though we might not know everything at once, everything can be known.

• journey-on
    journey-on

I look at it as one huge jigsaw puzzle....pictures within the Big Picture. I want to have more of the tiny pieces

of mathematical and scientific knowledge I need to fit some of the pieces together on part of the puzzle I'm

working on. I'm weak in those areas, imo.

• John Doe
    John Doe

Geneology is interesting, but I've never researched it. My dad says his family is distantly related to country singer Porter Wagner. There's also a famous outlaw somewhere in the mix, but I don't recall the name. I never cared enough to research it.

• John Doe
    John Doe

So, is there a difference between wanting to have a puzzle to figure out, and actively being ignorant to support a magical view of the world?

• journey-on
    journey-on
    actively being ignorant

?? Please explain this phrase.

• John Doe
    John Doe

I use "actively" as a synonym for "consciously." That's probably not the correct word though. I'm speaking of people who seemingly choose to be ignorant, yet remain visibly unaware of their choice. Perhaps "subconsciously" would be a better term.

• journey-on
    journey-on
    So, is there a difference between wanting to have a puzzle to figure out, and actively being ignorant to support a magical view of the world?
    people who seemingly choose to be ignorant
    visibly unaware of their choice. Perhaps "subconsciously"

I know there is a real and valuable question somewhere in your vague terminology, but for the life of me, I can't figure out what you are asking!

• John Doe
    John Doe

That's ok, I'm still groggy and just woke up. Makes perfect sense if you don't think about it though, eh. ;-)

• Satanus
    Satanus

John

Would 'lazy' be a good description?

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit