my inactive family hates that I researched why the jws are wrong

by sosad 19 Replies latest jw experiences

• sosad
    sosad

thanks all for your replies!

Yes - the no man's land of some inactive ones makes it more difficult to talk to them. One of my rothrs was particularily upset about an old video I have - answers to jw's and he was positivly upset that I had it on my shelf, in my office, in my house

I can't beleive I delayed my exit out of the jws on behalf of a family that is so entrenched, and so mind controlled that they can be upset with me for doing research

the anti catholic literature on their shelves is a perfect comeback - it never ceases to amaze me the hate they have for catholics. they make my husband out to be a raving nut and- yes, he is VERY Catholic- but he never talks about it to them anymore, ever if they bring it up. any comment brands him a nut.

meanwhile, the major research they have done is reading the Da Vinci Code - a good fiction read with some historical fiction tossed in- but no ones idea of actual research

i woke up today ready to stop taking to the lot of them - and wishing i would have daed myself

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I am so frustrated that they could care less about the truth of the truth - and are now upset with me for believing knowledge is power.

True mark of a cult.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    they want to know where the anit catholic literature is

Tell them you've heard and read enough anti-Catholic propaganda when you were an active JW. If you need to refer to it you have a watchtower cd handy.

JWs are notorious for shitting on other belief systems, but whine when someone criticizes theirs.

W

• Robert7
    Robert7

I think that Witnesses are simply SO afraid that they are wrong that they prefer to bury their heads in the sand.

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

It seems that all we go through to be there for our family is never appreciated. The love I have for my father is so strong that sometimes I feel like I could cross a mountain to get that relationship back. I know that even if I did have that relationship, I couldn't go back to the way things were. He would never approve or be proud of the woman I have become. I had a choice to make and I decided that the past love I cherish is much better than hating him here today in the future. I'm very happy with my choice and I have a lot of peace about it. And I just wanted you to know that if it comes to a DA, that decision has brought a lot of us happiness and peace.

• donny
    donny

I know the feelings described here very well. After I left the JW's, none of the Witnesses wanted to know why, they were just content on accepting the Society's designation of me as an "apostate". That made it easy for them. A few weeks ago an active JW that went to the hall I was a part of for a decade read my account on the net (http://members.aol.com/gismodfw/Donreed.htm) and wrote me an email. What was his problem with me? Did he have any rebuttal of anything that I had written? No! His charge was that "I think too much." Sad to say, that is a typical response from anyone in a "we're the truth" religions. Jehovah's Witnesses are deeply afraid to engage in any meaningful conversation regarding their history and how they supposedly were chosen as the faithful and discreet slave in 1919. As Ray Franz stated in his book "Crisis of Conscience", JW's are "captives of a concept" and Don Cameron researches this concept and makes an excellent presentation in his book "Captives of a Concept." If any witness reads that book and still believes the Watchtower is God's sole channel of communication, then they are completely hopeless and are no better than the idiots who followed Jim Jones, David Koresh, Marshall Applewhite and many others to their demise.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

That's the typical mindset of a JW. It's okay to rain on your parade but don't rain on theirs.

• sosad
    sosad

i know i need to move on from worrying about them - i just feel sosad for them, for what could have been and for the disconnect in any conversation i have with them. One brother went to college, despite severe (to use jw speak) persecution, now is inactive and has a young son yet he just wants to let it go and "enjoy life, play music, live - not be negative" WTF?

my mom thought i had planted anti jw info with HER non-jw mom - and called to ask me about it. I had not even spoken to her mom in months, certianly not about anything jw in concept but I have the chance to ask mom if it was true about the Book Study being axed. she was beside herself - it was days before the sunday announcment - denying that they would even consider any such change.

i ust left it and said my info must be wrong. "Yes, it is!" she said. Well, 12:15 the following sunday, I get the call - and she was dilegent to tell me that they had VERY GOOD REASONS for the change. i just said that I knew someone with jw relatives and left it - no need to gloat, be an i told you so, etc etc.

Now I find out she is calling the siblings with tales of me calling her to let her know about this change etc etc

i am feeling really, really tired

• White Dove
    White Dove

Renee,

I sure wish I could DA, but if I did that, my family could use the excuse: consider the source. when I try to reason with them. My dad will listen to scriptures only. What if I had a label attached to me? It would close his mind.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    You could tell them that the Catholics are not making your life a living hell at the moment so you do not feel the need to research them.

PRICELESS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit