FARTING at the meetings

by gambler 46 Replies latest jw friends

• Angharad
    Angharad

c5 you have just reminded me

In the hall where I grew up, the overflow was right next to the toilets, and being the cheap-scates that there were, when they renovated the hall, they desided to use the thinest partitions that they could find. So you could be sat there in the meeting and someone poor unsuspecting brother would go to the bathroom, and you could hear everything! From the tinkle tinkle waterfall to the ...well you get what I mean.

It gave some light relief (pun intended) , during those boring meetings, especially when everyone in the room would be craining their necks to see who came out, after a corker of a fart had been heard.

• gambler
    gambler

hey openminded.Lol would a girl start a thread like this. Nope im male ,my name is neil im 25. I think I met sara breifly.I knew her older sister a little bit better.She hung around the rissles.Julie was her name right.You married sara right.I dont think I ever met you but I remember seeing the two of you in cashwise,I worked there cleaning the floors for some brother.The youngest wysoky married a forneer from mankato, never met her but I know her husband. small world , look forward to talking to you more.

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

Andee,

What a delightful subject to welcome the morning of Thanksgiving. To funny...we try so hard to be refined and civil...when it comes to those pesky bodily functions(farts/erections/wetness), that assert themselves at inopportune times, we can do nothing less than laugh at ourselves and others.

***"Pull My Finger" is a common game my spouse plays to the delight of our children***

You must admit Andee, you crack up every time he does it. Well almost every time eh?

Every time we do a thread like this, it amazes me that no matter where in the world, we all share a common human condition.

Hope you have a wonderful turkey day, sounds like you have a great family to be thankful for.

Now go pull hubby's finger.

Danny

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

This is all sooooo funny!
    There is a scene in the movie "Down Periscope" where the cook farts and the rest of the crews has to stay quiet. One crew member sticks tissues up his nostrils to keep from smelling it. Wouldn't that be a cute image at the KH?

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

Angharad,

Iam trying to picture a KH full of proper Brits.....

***especially when everyone in the room would be craining their necks to see who came out, after a corker of a fart had been heard.***

Somehow the exspression "a corker of a fart" is inherently British or just sounds so. We American's would more than likely say 'a whopping fart' or 'a huge fart' or 'a monster fart' or 'a whale of a fart' or simply he/she 'cut the big cheese'. Either way you say it, we would be craining our necks, just like you. This smiley face resembles the way most feel when expelling 'a corker'.

Danny

• Andee
    Andee

What a lovely thread to start with, whilst I breath in the spicy aroma of my pumkin pie baking in the oven.

Danny,

Who me? laugh? I will remind you, sir, I am a proper lady!!!!!
    When my children run to whatever room I happen to be in the house, all flushed with laughter, I can only shake my head and [8>].

Ok, ok...sometimes, I quietly snicker to myself

HAPPY TURKEY DAY TO YOU!

Angharad,

I also get a kick out of reading those uniquely British expressions like "corker".

I haven't been to a meeting in over 30 years, but I can imagine there are a multitude of "One Cheek Sneaks". You know, that little technique that allow one to get relief, while pretending to adjust their dress or skirt when one has to sit for long periods of time.

Of course, I have only HEARD about that!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!!!!!!

Andee

• c5
    c5

Every time I read this thread, I still burst out laughing! LMAO Good humor break for sure.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit