Ever notice this at the Memorial.....

by Iwonder17 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Iwonder17
    Iwonder17

You can always tell your rank as a brother at the memorial by the following:

Parking lot attendant = Just doing enough to have the BOE remember your name

Outside attendat = you smell pretty bad and you embarrass the BOE

Inside attendant = You are starting your push for MS or elder and they know your first name

Emblem passer = One of the club

Prayer over the emblems = you run the club

If you disagree with the ranking, think really hard... you will never see someone that is not in the club do anything that they conside important. I love when they ask me to do things like the mic's, I say yeah, that would be fun let's talk next meeting about it and then I don't show up for another month.

• odie67
    odie67

my ex husband was such a dope. the BOE would never ever use him for anything...he was considered spritually weak. but whenever the CO would come for a visit they would ask him to carry the mic. I tried to tell him that they had no intention on ever appointing him for anything but he fell for the okey doke everytime. Soon as the CO left it was back to the same ole same.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Things do run smoother if someone attends to the parking and the seating and the
    head-counting. But looking back, it was just a stinking parking lot attendent job
    or a waiter passing wine and bread. Of course, the honchos want the praying job
    or the waiter job. It's a freaking mind-control cult where you want to be a top
    drone. Any knotch is a knotch that someone notices.

I gave the talk once. I usually passed the cheese and crackers wine and bread.
    I always helped in parking either before or after the meeting. I suppose another
    reason to love those jobs was to get out of something else- talking to other drones
    or falling asleep during the talk.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

What I have noticed is that there are always too many attendants, all too eager to shuffle things around when not necessary. Altering seating at the last minute is their favorites.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Ahhh, cakes and ale.

• 7 of 9 Rocks
    7 of 9 Rocks

i noticed... now Happy.. and Friendly everyone pretended to be, so that the lost ones thought they were missing out....

• oompa
    oompa

I notice that we had only 72 publishers....and had a huge blacktop parking lot and when you drive in all these idiots with flashlights motioning ...and it aint even dark yet.....and they make us park at the back of the lot like there was gonna be 300 cars there.....and so we do and it does not even fill up the back half of the lot........sooooooooooo stupid and it looked it...........oompa

I think last year...not this...I flipped the bird at the kid and parked all the way up front in handicap......kid went ballistic

• d.boon
    d.boon

I think it really matters what congregation you’re in. I know of a congregation with an anointed brother who has no responsibilities yet they have enough respect for him that they have him say a prayer over the emblems every year. (he should be giving the talk but…) and I passed the emblems this year but I don’t feel like part of any club. We don’t have parking lots in the city, so we don’t have parking lot attendance or outside attendance. The way I’ve lived in a lot of places so let me break it down this way.

Attendance: Ministerial Servants (sometimes Elders)

Emblem Servers: Ministerial Servants (sometimes Elders)

Prayer: Elders (usually rotated every year)

Talk: Best Speaker (preferably an anointed brother)

I think because it is the only special occasion we have all of those on the servant body are happy to serve in what ever capacity they are asked to serve in, setting up more chairs ect.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Parking lot attendant = Just doing enough to have the BOE remember your name AGREED

Outside attendat = you smell pretty bad and you embarrass the BOE + Just doing enough to have the BOE remember your name

Inside attendant = You are starting your push for MS or elder and they know your first name AGREED

Emblem passer = One of the club AGREED

Prayer over the emblems and/or Do the talk = you run the club - AGREED

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

In 20 years I ran the sound box once, maybe twice, at the memorial™. I did it regularly at the hall. They gave me that privilege so I'd have the illusion of doing something important. In reality, it's a way of shoving someone they don't like into a remote corner where he can't be seen by anyone.

W

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit