ExJw And Abortions

by tyydyy 99 Replies latest jw friends

• tyydyy
    tyydyy

We all know the JW view of abortion before leaving but what about now? How have your views changed?

I used to secretly cheer when I heard that women had gained more rights concerning abortions. I now don't have to do it secretly. I don't take the subject lightly but I do believe that it is the choice of the woman.

At what point does the fetus have "LIFE"?

I understand if you hesitate to comment on this issue. It is a discussion that could be inflamitory. People can be very judgemental on this subject. But from what I've seen so far, this group can handle it.

TimB

• Celtic
    Celtic

All life is sacred.

peace

celtic

• mikepence
    mikepence

And all freedom is sacred. Especially the freedom to make our own judgements and decisions.

XJW User Submitted News & Views at http://xjwnews.com

• bitter mango
    bitter mango

mike, that was a good reply :)

~the agents of oblivion descend upon the sane~

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Personally, I don't support abortions for birth control. I do however support abortions that protect the woman from death. Yes, I do know somebody that did need an abortion for this reason. Is a fetus LIFE? That is hard to say exactly. Does a human fetus become a human? Yes. So perhaps it is a dependent life. Now here is the twist to my own opinion. Because I am not a woman, I choose not to tell a woman abortion is wrong for a birth control option. It is her body. If their is a God that cares, then a woman that has an abortion will have to answer to Him. I guess, if I decide on a final answer, I really don't care if a woman has an abortion or not.

"Hand me that whiskey, I need to consult the spirit."-J.F. Rutherford

I feel bad for these poor fools.
    http://hometown.aol.com/onjehovahside/ and [email protected]

• Liberated
    Liberated

I have the same view of abortion that I did before, during, and
    after being a jw.....I don't want to be the one to tell someone
    they have to give birth to their father's child or a rapist's child,
    or to allow a pregnancy to end their life.

But I believe those are maybe 1% of the reasons why abortions are
    performed, and the most common is that it's not a convenient time to
    have a child. So it's become a form of birth-control anyway, and I'm
    not in favor of that.

As far as taking a life, yes, it is ending a life.

Libby

• Skimmer
    Skimmer

Intentional abortion is the willful taking of human life. This is a scientific fact and has nothing to do with any religion.

-> http://www.all.org/issues/abort.htm

• Naeblis
    Naeblis

Kill the babies.

That is all.

• shecky
    shecky

anti choice propaganda website.

scientific my ass...

where do these people get off telling a woman what she can or can't do with her own body...

the abortion issue has never been about life. it has always been about CONTROL.

• Skimmer
    Skimmer

With appropriate apologies to jayhawk1, this is how the same argument was used a hundred and fifty years ago:

"Personally, I don't support slavery for superior economic well-being. I do however support slavery that protects a slaveowner from bankruptcy. Yes, I do know somebody that did need to own slaves for this reason. Is a slave fully human? That is hard to say exactly. Can a slave become a full human? Yes. So perhaps it is a dependent life. Now here is the twist to my own opinion. Because I am not a slaveholder, I choose not to tell a man that slavery is wrong for an economic option. It is his plantation. If their is a God that cares, then a man who owns slaves will have to answer to Him. I guess, if I decide on a final answer, I really don't care if a man is a slaveowner or not."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit