An ex-JW underground railroad system

by Layla33 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Layla33
    Layla33

I have been thinking about this since yesterday or maybe a little bit longer, but cognac's situation situation really struck me and so many others that are in a situation that seems not only like psychological torture, but where someone almost seems imprisoned against their will through the WTS society, it seems to happen in marriages, but not always.

I am a big forensics person, so I was watching some mindless program on television about forensics or something like that (could have even been LAW & Order) and they were trying to find a woman who had "disappeared" and what had actually happened was that a group of people who didn't really know each other, had this silent group who would pick someone up from one point to another, get them away from their abusive spouse/situation, and help them find a job and a place to stay. It took them at least three weeks to track the person down because each person really didn't know the other, they were just one check off point for another.

And I was thinking, couldn't we create a safe haven for those in those high pressured situations? I would be willing to help start it, financially support it, etc I am just in the planning, thought process stage, but I would love to have an aresnal of help from others, who could assist people that are trying to break free, start over, and all of that.

Would anyone else be interested? What kinds of things could we provide, what would be the guidelines? I think it would be a wonderful resource for so many. What do you think?

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Things that I can think of that would be needed: a safe, temporary place to stay, job contacts, newtwork of assistance programs such as government aid, counseling, etc. Count me in if you start something like this.

• Octarine Prince
    Octarine Prince

I can advise on this, and assist some.

• asilentone
    asilentone

I think that will be a great idea!

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

I'm all for it!

I can be a stopping point.

momz

• Layla33
    Layla33

I am in the beginning stages of figuring things out. But I think there are those that would really appreciate having something like this. I was also thinking specifically of those in abusive situations, homosexuals that are coming out and are facing horrible situations. Maybe we can find people from Silent Lamb.

I need about a month to plan, but right now I just want to very loosely see who would be interested and hear from others about what may be needed to organize it, things to consider and all of that.

Thanks for all the input! I hope to see more.

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

I don't really have any advice on starting it up. Just be sure to count me in. And I am good at helping, if given a task.

• Farkel
    Farkel

You can call it the "Jehovah's Witness Protection Program!"

Farkel

• winnower
    winnower

Layla this is an excellent idea and very timely. Suppose we were to have another disaster like Katrina? What could be more comforting in a time of need than to know you have a place to go where friends will help you and will understand your background? Suppose the day comes when dissidents/ non-conformists are tracked for some reason? Have you all considered what the WTS knows about you? They have all your contact info and they know all your associates and your habits. What if the day were to come that they actually use that info against you? And even if you are da, df, or fading, they have not destroyed your info. Should they really know all of your secrets? Winnower

• Thechickennest
    Thechickennest

Excellent! Keep me in the loop.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit