CASHLESS SOCIETY - HOW CLOSE?

by 1914BS 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• 1914BS
    1914BS

Lately I have noticed very strange activity at my local gas stations that I go to In the Vancouver area people are being asked to use the debit/credit cards at the pump. The last time I tried to use a debit card to pay gas inside a gas station I got scolded by the cashier, he said "please pay at the pump!!. I say gee I guess he is having a bad day or something..... well so I go to anouther gas station - a shell station and the same rhetoric .."please pay at the pump!" OH OH ................ I think therefore I am but in this case the more I think the more I get scared ....OH dear god could it be ........ NAW!!!!!.............. JESUS SAVE US!!!!!!!.............. Are these gas sation attendants being told by HQ to groom the general public to buy gas with credit or debit cards?. You can't pay with cash at the pump!!!!. that is the point isn't it????

Is this the beginning of the wild beast that revelation talks about?. Not being able to buy or sell without the mark of the beast (666)???

So it seems just a matter of time until the government will take many by suprise and no more cash accepted at any gas station in Canada. It will be a fast change . Then this 666 beast will travel with power like a raging bull trampling and destroying and causing much desolation.

So am I full of it??????

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

Funny how it is different here in Puerto Rico. NONE of the gas pumps here have credit/debit machines built in. You either pay inside with cash or credit, or you pay the attendant outside with cash. I guess the cashless society hasn't advanced too far here yet. This island is far more advanced than any other Latin American country, too.

Dave

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

1914 I think what you've run into situations where it would be more convenient for you the customer to use your debit at the pump rather than to have the cashier serve you

or it may be because most stations are using the new pay policy that makes it so that you have to pay first before you get any gas at the pump.

and quit frankly in retail business its much easier for the business owner to collect money through debit cards and charge cards that it is to collect the money

in cash, because it has to be counted every day along with receipts.

personally I like debit cards I use them all the time and hardly ever carry cash.

• horrible life
    horrible life

I have just paid all of my bills on the internet, for the first time. A couple of accounts were hold outs, on getting onto the internet. Now its 100%.

I still refuse to get a debit card. I really don't have a good reason. I have a hard time writing down withdrawls. I have duplicate checks, because I can't remember to write things down. I am always in a hurry.

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

I wonder if it has anything to do with the amount of "drive off's" they have. If you put your card in first, they get their money, you can't fill up and drive away.

• DocBob
    DocBob

For several years now, I have had direct deposit and have paid all my bills online using Quicken. I e-file my taxes, buy my gas with Speed-Pass, pay the tolls on the highway with EZ-Pass. I don't handle "real" money very much at all. (I put "real" in quotes since the paper money and coins we use can hardly be considered really real.)

• golf2
    golf2

It's all part of the new world order. It's in front of us and we can't see it.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Gee lets take a record of all who use cards instead of good old greenbacks.

I prefer the machine and online banking and I bet they do the same thing at bethel and all other business stuff over the internet. you know all those swiss numbered accounts. Oh no numbered accounts. heaven forbid if one of those numbers are 666 or just half evil 333.

Do people actually use money anymore?

Orangefatcat has a gut feeling happening.

• misguided
    misguided

It was a new Worker's Compensation act that came into law on April 1, 2008. It is a law based upon what happened to Grant Dupate (sp?). He was a young gas attendant who was killed in Port Coquitlam (?Moody), after trying to stop an underage person gas up and then try to drive away. He tried to stop it, and I can't remember how far he was dragged under the car to his death - but if memory serves me correct, it was might have been about 9 city blocks. The car was stolen.

At first, I was put out by the new pay before you gas up rules, but I've adjusted my belief now that this is in everyone's best interest. Gas is now prepayed in ALL cases. No more gas'n'drive aways.

No, I don't think this is a sign of the end of the world as we know it!

Rose

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

In the new order we will all be using the Jesus card, there will be no more cash

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit