Limiting our potential

by TR 15 Replies latest jw friends

• TR
    TR

Helen,

Your welcome! I'll look forward to your visit. I'm sure I won't be going out of town until spring also. Come this spring I might buy me a new scooter to travel down there on. My eye is on a 1200 Sportster.

TR- who likes to ride the 2-wheeled steed of the road also.

• Helen
    Helen

what a coinkydink....I have my eye on a 883 and converting to a trike, one of the dealers is up your way on the conversion and another in Seattle, so in the spring we are going to check it out..Tom wants to convert his electraglide to a trike also but finaces wont allow both..

• kpax
  • Billygoat
    Billygoat

kpax,

Is there a reason you're posting all this jibber-jabber? Or are you transmitting a message back to your planet?

Andi

• LDH
    LDH

TR,

Nice post. I still remember as a young teen, wanting to do works of charity and being told I would be in direct contradiction to God's organization. And, why would I want to delay the end of this terrible system of things?

So on and so on. It just never made any sense. How could me contributing $5 to World Wildlife fund cause Armageddon to be delayed?!?!?

It is just a bill of goods they sell themselves as to the 'import' of the preaching work. This way, they can feel that they are doing the greatest charity of all. They often like to invoke the scripture where Jesus said his followers would 'do works greater than his'--and refer to the worldwide preaching work as PROOF!

What I want to know is, what about all the charitable works Jesus did other than preaching--where are their works in that regard?

I find it interesting that not one reference to Aid Afrique is mention in their writings. NOT ONE. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong. They'll go a few years and when the rank and file found about about it, they'll act like it's old hat.

Lisa

• kpax

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit