Sitting on the terraces at Hillsborough / Maine Road eating Hellas bars

by Simon 22 Replies latest jw friends

• anglise
    anglise

Dont remember Hellas bars but do remember bacon baps.

We did Norwich, Plymouth, Crystal Palace, Cardiff (once) and Brighton.

Remember at Norwich 1 year wandering round at lunchtime and coming across an indoor seating area at the platform end - seemed to be full of the "big wigs". There was an attendant on guard duty at the bottom of the stairs but we just walked in as though we where meant to be there - saw others stopped. So much for all being equal!!! This wasnt for the elderly of disabled they where all at the other end of the stadium mainly in the open.

Hated wearing decent clothes and shoes and then trying to keep self and children clean.

Anglise

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    Does anyone remember having to walk right by the open sewage treatment works at Twickenham to get to the car park and back!

haha yes..close my eyes and i can smell it now.

i loved convention food...roast chicken and jacket potato, bacon baps, cheeseburgers long before mcds, danishes, hellas choc, and the smell of doughnuts just as the session was finishing.

mind you i was pioneering so got free tickets...plus i was a buffet captain so i didnt have to queue.

twickenham, ninian park, murrayfield, and perth.

never went to maine road for a dc but did go a couple of weeks after for a pink floyd gig. got warned by the elders not to go cos of sex drugs drink etc etc but we had already bought tickets and hired a car so what to do. went with a bunch of young guys from my hall and we had ice cream and pop and sat behind an old couple at the gig who got out their lunch box and flask and enjoyed their sandwhiches and coffee..rock'n'roll...(i'm sure they were jws who didn't realise the convention had finished - cos back in the day they used to last a month or 2)enjoyed the performance drove home safely no hint of trouble. next co visit i get all my priveleges removed for defying the elders..and the guys that came with all got more.

cos i was the big bad ringleader-story of my life.

halcyon days

• justhuman
    justhuman

Hellas??? Does it have to do with any Greek chocolates??? Never heart of them. The actual pronouncation for the Greece is Hellas, and this is the name we have being carrying more than 3000 years Hellines(Greeks)

can you give a scanned copy I'm curious about it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit