What did you do to free your mind from WBTS??

by Nicolas 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Nicolas
    Nicolas

I ask you this because I saw a lot of hypocrisy in the org but I still have sometime this old fear of Armageddon with a feeling a culpability. Should I do some research on my own about all the lies of the WBTS? What did you do to find a goal in your life? When a was a nice little jw, I had the goal to have a new life in the paradise but now, I know this won't come true. I'm searching for something I will accomplish myself with that.

• Bridgette
    Bridgette

Dear Nicolous,
    You will find your way. Better yet, if you are still and quiet, your way <instert, God, Self, Higher Power, etc) will find you.
    Anyway, I don't know where your mind is at right now, but a book that "found me" and helped right as I was making the break was "the Seat of the Soul" by Gary Zukav. Kind of spiritual, as well as scientific. That's where my mind was at in the beginning, you will know what you need to do, where you need to go.
    Good luck, my friend. Glad you're here with us.
    Bridgette
    "the Universe is alive, wise, and compassionate. It is a friendly place, not the violent, merciless place that we have often made our small part of it. Our new values are the values of the soul -- harmony, cooperation, sharing, and reverence for Life. Our new goals are authentic power - the alignment of the personality with the soul -- and a planet without conflict." ~~Gary Zukav

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

What I did to free my mind from JW thinking? I did seveal things:

1. Sought professional counseling.
    2. Found some new friends taught me how to think for myself. I'd never done that before.
    3. Found some new personal interests and pursued them. I learned I loved sports!
    4. I was gentle to myself. I realized that 19 years of cult brainwashing wasn't going to come undone in just a few months or even just a few years.
    5. Kept an open mind. I listened to other beliefs just to see what was out there. I then used the buffet of ideas to come to my own conclusions.

Andi

• Satanus
    Satanus

What did you do to free your mind from WBTS??

1. Deprogrammed myself of all their false doctrines.
    2. Went to many churches.
    3. Had sex.
    4. Did nothing for days on end (as opposed to doing more all the time)
    5. Cursed god.
    6. Took on satan as a nickname.
    7. Learning to love myself.
    8. Tried to deprogram other jws.
    9. Went to codependence meetings.
    10. Read a lot of books.
    11. Went to an apostate conference in ontario.
    12. Started hanging w other apostates at jw.com.

• Nicolas
    Nicolas

I saw a professionnal to resolve a problem that I had with my self-esteem, but I'm still searching my own truth (not the one of a corrupted organisation). I thing that i have still a lot to learn but I don't really believe that there's a god. This is my opinion and it can change but since there's not real proof of the presence of a god, I won't search for another church anyway, I don't need it.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey Nicolas,like the above posters I`ve done many things to repair the damage those bastards have done to my life.Unfortunatly I still have family in that hell hole,so sometimes its still wearing.Finding this discusion board has been good for me.I get to talk to people who have been through the same bullshit.Outside of a board like this its hard to find.We are not alone,there are thousands of us,and as they find forums like this our ranks will grow!...HAVE A GOOD DAY EH!...OUTLAW

• Bridgette
    Bridgette

Satan,
    Did you ever go to any Unity or Religious Science churches? Just curious. Also, how long have you been out?
    How did you go about doing #1 on your list? I found meditation freed me from many toxic teachings. A group of progressive Nuns actually taught me to group meditate. Long story. But highly effective.
    Nicolous, I highly recommend the practice of taking about 20 minutes each day and just stilling your mind and soul. They say "god" can best be "heard" in utter silence.
    Love,
    B.

• rekless
    rekless

once I realized that all the prophecies were wrong and if they were really God's prophets and God was using them everything they said would come true...., but nothing they ever said came true.at that moment I walked away an never had doubts about my choice of leaving...of course I lost a daughter, son-in-law and two grandchildren...but thses loses I hope will turn around in the future because maybe their eyes will be opened as they grow older and realize their entire life was wasted on a pipe dream. It is a funny thing age and education tends to open one's eye.

I hope this helps you.

remember if they had been right we would be 26 years into the new order..!!!
    dan walker, no longer in hiding
    if any body was in McComb, Mississippi or Clearlake, California talk to me.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Bridgette

I went to a unitarian church one time. I enjoyed it. I just happened to hit one where they had a music presentation. It was very professional. Afterward they had a coffee/cookie thing. I found out that many in the choir weren't even members, just friends of the music director. The interior decor was really good, kind of futuristic. Unitarian is the most highly educated religion. I agreed w their approch toward 'holy writings'. It is something to the effect, of taking what you like from all of them. That is what i do. But i'm not a follower or joiner or a meeting attender. After the first codependence meeting, i had to force myself to go. I havn't been for a while. Don't need a church, thanx.

I went to some kind of spiritualist church once. I'm not sure what type exactly.

I was meditating quite regularly for a while. That seems to be THE main thing to do.

For deprogramming, ray franz, penton, schnell and some of the other x's were primary. Researching some of the finer bible points in libraries such as the presbeterian, catholic and mcgill religious. For instance, the 'de cruce libre' that the wt uses for one picture in their bible. At the grande seminaire in montreal, they allowed me to photocopy every single picture from some really old copy. The wt lied like a sidewalk about that book. According to that book, there were at least a dozen diferent shapes of timbers to which offenders were fixed.

I studied a bit in some bible commentaries from the anchor bible association, new jerome biblical commentary, john mccarther commentary on matthew, a baptist biblical theology book. Mccarthers enterpretations of the matthew parables was a lot better than the wt versions.

SS

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

Drank a lot of beer, played a lot of darts and billiards, joined a rock band, submerged myself in my business, found Alan Fuererbacher to be my personal savior.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit