Name Things JWs Would Do If The GB Told Them To

by minimus 37 Replies latest jw friends

• Cheetos
    Cheetos

This thread makes me think of them cheese danishs they used to sell at the assembleys, remember um yum yum.

• undercover
    undercover

Spend Saturday mornings placing selling magazines... ooops, already happened

Don't seek higher education... ooops, already happened

Buy 4 door cars instead of 2 door cars... ooops, already happened

Don't watch R-rated movies... ooops, already happened

Brothers, shave your beards... ooops, already happened

Sisters, no skirts above the knees and you must wear pantyhose... ooops, already happened

Children, don't make friends with classmates... ooops, already happened

You'd rather die than accept a blood transfusion... ooops, already happened

...and there you have it...if the GB tells them to do something or not do something, by and large, they're gonna obey. If they're willing to die for a belief, they'll pretty much do anything. Those that are willing to disobey are closet apostates already and are just putting up a front.

• Cheetos
    Cheetos

They would divorce and get married again or just divorce, if the GB said that if someone threw rice at them it would NOT be aceptable to god.

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

Tithe.

~Sue

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

It's hard to say how far most JWs would go in following men. It's actually a scary thought. However, it remains to be seen whether the WTS will become more authoritarian and cult-like, or become more maintstream.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Only the "Missionary position" is allowed.

Brothers from around the world would unite and storm New York headquarters taking over command.

• blondie
    blondie

I don't see many jws adhering to any directives unless they are enforced by disfellowshipping or loss of "privileges." If it is voluntary and/or hard to prove, most jws will just do what is convenient.

• minimus
    minimus

If JWs were told that if a df'd relative such as a parent was living with you, and they refused to "come back to Jehovah", you'd have to kick them to the curb, they'd meekly follow the "direction". Even if they were elderly and infirm, the society would teach that such ones are a bad influence upon a "true Christian" and therefore should not be within our holy midst. I can easily see seperating family members that are not zealous enough or actually Jehovah's "Christian" Witnesses.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Reminds of a conversation many years ago with an enthusiastic Pioneer couple. They raised a hypothetical question "Would you dye your hair green if the Society told us to? No reason, to be given,they just say so."...the couple staunchly said that they would of course , out of trust and obedience......Wife and I were more skeptical saying that we trusted the Society to always give a good reason or else we would not accept it....

Those were the days...Were they?

• minimus
    minimus

I agree with Blondie's sentiments too. Many JWs will do what they must do but if there's any leeway, they'll get out of things to do.

Still I could see the GB legislating that if a person THOUGHT an impure thought, he should see the elders right away for spiritual help.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit