The World's Largest Swimming Pool - WOW!

by AK - Jeff 19 Replies latest social physical

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

http://www.victory-cruises.com/pool.html

It is more than 1,000 yards long, covers 20 acres, has a 115-foot deep end, and holds 66 million gallons of water: This one took five years to build, cost nearly 1 billion, and the annual maintenance bill will be 2 million.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Wow that is totally awsome! At least you need not worry about the sharks.....

h4o

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

It seems kinda bizarre to me. Don't get me wrong, I like to check out
    bizarre things. But the sea is right there. I know it's warmer in the pool,
    but all that money seems extravagant. A regular pool here and there
    would have been much cheaper.

But as I said, I like to check out bizarre things. I bet enough other people
    are the same, so it doesn't really cost anything, but makes the profit difference
    for the guests to come and spend money.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Where is this? Off the coast of Chile.

It looks amazing!!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

It`s beautiful and redundant..I could see building a pool like that in the desert..But..This one is "On" the ocean!..?????..WTF??.....It`s like ordering a beautiful meal at a restaurant,then eating the cheese sandwich you brought in a paper bag.............Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• White Dove
    White Dove

I'd rather float on the waves of the ocean.

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

That's cool. I wonder if anyone has swam the length of it yet.

Since Chile is just about all coastline I wondered where it was exactly.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=San+Alfonso+del+Mar,+chile&sll=2.460181,-98.789062&sspn=150.791937,318.867188&ie=UTF8&ll=-20.550509,-85.869141&spn=53.371966,79.716797&t=p&z=4

Grrr... it's truncating the url when I make it a link . Just have to copy and paste.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Sweet, well, I've got a reason to go to Chile now! To see that awesome pool!

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

What an evil, Satanic swimming pool. Idolatry. Bigotry. Immodest attire. Hojovah will surely destroy it at the big A.

B the X

• Gerard
    Gerard

A pretty sea water lagoon.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit