Doublethink examples of Jehovah's Witnesses

by Mr Ben 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Mr Ben
    Mr Ben

JW's are experts in what Orwell called doublethink. We often say that on this board. Here are a couple of doublethink examples:

Wars/increased violence proves Armageddon is imminent : Peace and security proves Armageddon is imminent.

WTS is God's spokesman/prophet to be believed without question : WTS are just sinful humans which explains all mistakes/errors

Any more?

• Robert7
    Robert7

- Governing Body - Although The GB is directed by Holy Spirit and is God's channel of Truth, it contains imperfect men who can provide (and have a history of providing) some false information. This information will get later corrected as "new light"

- Truth - The Watchtower provides Bible Truths. However one must hold to "Current Truths" and ignore the "past Truths" as 'new light' comes. "Past Truths" were never untrue, aren't untrue now, but just have been replaced with the newer "current Truth". So a "Past Truth" was never false.

- Loyalty - A Witness should be 100% loyal to the organization, even though it contains imperfect men who can sometimes provide false information, and be otherwise influenced by imperfect men.

- Research - Witnesses encourage people of other faiths to research and question their faiths, but are strongly discouraged from researching and questioning their own faith.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I have commonly heard that the Grand Boasting Sessions were a foretaste of the new Dark Ages. Then, when all the "sisters" rejected me, they told me that I couldn't take that as a sign of what was to come. Blatantly contradicting what was just said from the platform.

If only I could have snitched on them, telling the people on the platform (likely a member of that Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger) what those hounders just said that blatantly contradicted them, I could have probably nailed every single one of the hounders that was in on it for "apostasy" right there.

• TD
    TD

A. Cold weather adaptations like the hollow hair shafts of polar bears is an example of Jehovah's wisdom

B. The earth was orginally created as a tropical climate with no cold areas

A. Symbiotic relationships like the sea anemone / clownfish; shark / cleaner fish; Oxpecker bird / Water buffalo is another example of Jehovah's wisdom

B. All creatures were originally vegetarians

• sir82
    sir82

Non-JWs who don't examine their own religion, discover its fatal flaws, and leave it are doomed to eternal destruction.

JWs who do examine their own religion, discover its fatal flaws, and leave it are doomed to eternal destruction.

• Lady Zombie
    Lady Zombie

A. Cold weather adaptations like the hollow hair shafts of polar bears is an example of Jehovah's wisdom

B. The earth was orginally created as a tropical climate with no cold areas

A. Symbiotic relationships like the sea anemone / clownfish; shark / cleaner fish; Oxpecker bird / Water buffalo is another example of Jehovah's wisdom

B. All creatures were originally vegetarians

BRILLIANT!!!!

Judge not lest ye be judged vs. Judicial Committees

He that is without sin, cast the first stone vs. Disfellowshiping

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Growth in WTS numbers is a sign of Jehovah's blessing / Lack of growth in the WTS is a sign that Jehovah is weeding out the chaff. Can't lose!

The eyesight of an eagle, able to spot a mouse in a field from thousands of feet, and adapt to a rapid drop onto the prey, is a wonderful example of Jehovah as a creator / Jehovah created all animals to be vegetarians.

I guess it was intended to spot berries, upon which they would swoop down at 140 mph!

S4

• Terry
    Terry

In the 1050's and early 60's all of the Watchtower publications illustrations of Jesus depicted him with NO BEARD!!

Contrarian attitudes toward Christendom went that far, yes. Talks from the platform would make passing mention of how Jesus was clean shaven and a real He-man. (Obviously to make the JW's brand of Jesus more masculine than Christendom's gay-guy in a nightgown pictures!)

Christendom---it turns out--was right about the beard and the Watchtower suddenly discovered Jesus was a Jew and would certainly have a beard!

Christendom was right all along while the Society's Governing Body of mystical gurus had channelled the "truth" awkwardly backward!

The date of Jerusalem's destruction had been described as 606 B.C. by Pastor Russell and the clock started ticking on the "Gentile Times" which ended in 1914. But wait! The Holy Spirit forgot to channel information to Pastor Russell that there was no year ZERO!

Oops! Guess what? All of a sudden---the year of Jerusalem's destruction was, ummm, fine tuned to 607 B.C.E. instead and this neatly bypassed the "error" of non years Zero!

Christendom's Commentaries commonly held Romans 13:1 (Be in subjection to the Superior Athorities) as referencing worldly governments and leaders.

The Watchtower, channeling Jehovah's pure truth, however, knew the correct interpretation was Jehovah and Jesus.

True Christians could never be in subjection to worldly leaders! That would usurp true devotion to God!!

Suddenly, the Watchtower reversed itself and started teaching EXACTLY WHAT CHRISTENDOM had always taught---in complete contradiction to their own extensive and repeated "explanations"!!

The message from Jehovah to the Watchtower about Truth must be this: Now you see it....now you don't!

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Taking blood is as serious as fornication -- Using blood products is a "conscience matter."

• easyreader1970
    easyreader1970
    Wars/increased violence proves Armageddon is imminent : Peace and security proves Armageddon is imminent.

That one by far is the worst one for me and I have never been able to truly understand it. One the one hand nations are supposed to be declaring worldwide peace and security--which suggests that there are no major conflicts and everything is hunky dory. On the other hand, it is supposed to be a time of war and increased violence? Hello? Does anyone else noticed that these two things cannot exist at the same time?

er

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit