Do you think the guys in the Governing Body belive in the Governing Body?

by Samuel Thorsen 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Open mind
    Open mind

Great post by Eh.

Humans are social animals. We all need kudos. Some more than others.

As long as the guy Eh was writing about never needs a life-saving blood transfusion, I guess it's not so bad for him.

om

• choosing life
    choosing life

Some may, but the real situation is what drives a company man. There are those that just aren't satisfied until they attain to the top position in their otganization. They love the titles and being looked upon as someone special. They love the office with a view. God forbid that the thought that they are like everyone else ever crosses their mind. There's nothing more fear provoking and causes them to convince themselves all over again how special they are.

Think how hard it is to leave the witnesses in your situation. Then think how hard it would be to walk away from the constant praise of being one of God's special chosen ones who leads his people on earth. Their whole life is wrapped up in this. It is a scary thought to believe your life has been spent pursuing something unreal.

• JK666
    JK666

Other reasons for staying at the top of the hill:

THE PERKS

JK

• str8?so is spaghetti..until you heat it up
    str8?so is spaghetti..until you heat it up

Whether they do, or do NOT believe, I am sure they are comfortable sitting at the top, watching the rats run on the little exercise wheel they have set up for them. After all, its not like any of them have a REAL job and have to support themselves. Its a pretty sweet wicket.

• yknot
    yknot

Perhaps in a honeymoon period after being appointed.

But after a few years of voting and dealing with legal one would have to suffer from some form of mental illness to actually believe.

Realistically I am sure the Legal Department made all the newer members (Losch, Herd, Pierce, Splane, Lett, Jackson, and Morris) sign a nondisclosure form. So there is really no place for them to go but down. I mean if you had a choice which would you choose? Nothing Nada Zip or the remainder of you life as eased, entitled, and ego'd. ......

• BFD
    BFD

I don't see how one could climb the corporate ladder of the WT$ without knowing it's all a crock. What a sad life.

BFD

• still_in74
    still_in74

i think they believe that "THE ORGANIZATION" is bigger than any one of them.

That despite the obvious mistakes like blood, doctrinal flip-flops, 1925/1975, UN-NGO, mishandling of Pedophilia cases, etc. They believe, really believe that Jehovah has put them there to "hold it all together"

The end seems to justify the means. Eventhough they are imperfect and they know this, they look at their role in a "bigger picture" mentality. That no matter what comes their way, they need to keep the org together until Armaggedon. No matter how many mistakes they make or have made, Jehovah NEEDS them to "keep it together"

Regardless of whether they believe everything they teach is of no consequence. It only matters that they overcome all obstacles (even via "theocratci warfare") and persevere.
    Truth/Light will come later but only if they are still around.

this is how I think the GB think. They all believe they are the channel despite imperfection. The "Org" is a living breathing entity that they must care for until Armageddon.

Or maybe I am just an idiot..........

• garybuss
    garybuss

Do you think the guys in the Governing Body belive in the Governing Body?

It's hard not to like yourself when there's seven million people lined up to kiss your ass.

• Rapunzel
    Rapunzel

"The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions." - Leonardo da Vinci

"We are all capable of believing things which we know to be untrue, and then, when we are finally proved wrong, impudently twisting the facts so as to show that we are right. Intellectually, it is possible to carry on this process for an indefinite time..." - George Orwell

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Yes I believe they do. They are captives of their own concept.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit