Don't Show Mercy to the Watchtower

by metatron 24 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

Compassion and forgiveness are important qualities for all of us - but that said, this is not the time to 'let up' or start showing mercy to

the Watchtower. Why? Let's consider three ways in which they hurt people:

First, they injure or wreck families.

Second, they hurt young people.

Third, they continue to enforce the ban on blood - with fatal consequences.

Have they changed or reformed in any of these areas? Emphatically no! As to the first, their foolish renewed rejection of birthdays and

holidays tends to wreck extended families - as relatives don't get cards - or visits on 'pagan' holidays - and often, are simply ignored.

This is not a small matter if you are old, disadvantaged and on the receiving end of such legalistic coldness.

As to the second matter, the practise of baptising and then df'ing teenagers is repulsive. Kids will make mistakes and don't need

abandonment at a vunerable time in their lives. Most will turn out to be responsible adults without Watchtower 'punishments' and

certainly without Watchtower induced attempts to avoid higher education. You can add to this the unneeded guilt generated by

emphasis on masturbation ( two chapters in the Youth Book are not "answers", they are sickness!) that can make kids feel

worthless.

And then there's blood! What more need be said about this - except that their enforcement of this idiocy is unnecessary.

Let me say this firmly: Enforced martyrdom is morally repellent. Even the famed Kamikaze pilots objected to being required to

sacrifice their lives! The Watchtower stand on this issue is disgusting, together with Hospital Liaison Committees and "Visitors"

who can monitor compliance!

Show me some change in these areas! Keep chipping away!

metatron

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Take no prisoners!!!

No quarter given!!!

Cry Havok and let slip the dogs of war!!!

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

Down with the Tower

• worf
    worf

Thats right Metatron.

No mercy for this most dangerous, evil, and deadly cult that has ever appeared on this planet.

Destroy the watchtower!

Vanish the watchtower!

Make it go the way of the Dodo Bird!

Worf

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

There are good JW's and bad JW's. Unfortunately the 'bad' ones are running the show. And I'm sure they know of their own manipulations and fleecing of the flock.

Deserve no mercy in my opinion.

Outaservice

• flipper
    flipper

METATRON- I do everything in my power to inform people of the dangers of the Watchtower society- whether it's the witnesses themselves coming to my door - or subtly mentioning things to my witness relatives still in . Believe me , I will show no mercy , or take no prisoners

• Carlos_Helms
    Carlos_Helms

Ha ha. The watchtower has taught you well! They show no mercy...so you show no mercy. Good job. That's exactly what the watchtower wants you to do. After all, "only apostate's could be so cruel and heartless."

It might be good to remember that the watchtower is made up of millions of people who believe the world is full of mean people who sharpen their teeth daily. You want to prove them right? They probably don't appreciate it when you go around kickin' their crutches out from under them. The watchtower is doing a fine job of sinking itself. Why not give confused JWs something solid to hang onto?

Carlos

• karvel
    karvel
    Ha ha. The watchtower has taught you well! They show no mercy...so you show no mercy. Good job. That's exactly what the watchtower wants you to do. After all, "only apostate's could be so cruel and heartless."

It might be good to remember that the watchtower is made up of millions of people who believe the world is full of mean people who sharpen their teeth daily. You want to prove them right? They probably don't appreciate it when you go around kickin' their crutches out from under them. The watchtower is doing a fine job of sinking itself. Why not give confused JWs something solid to hang onto?

Carlos

gtfo.

------

burn the tower!!!
    kill 'em all!!!

LOL.

• 83501nwahs
    83501nwahs

This is the best post I've seen in a long time. Amen bro. Activism is a no brainer to me. Why did I have that experience as a witness? Could it have been destiny that I was to break free from a sick cult? And once free would I not attempt to rescue my family still held captive to this beast? It is my very commission. I am duty bound to activism, however I may define it. Whatever works is the answer to that.

• Ex-smoker
    Ex-smoker

Knock Down the tower Take no prisoners

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit