QFR: Can Cristians Go Paragliding?

by MissingLink 23 Replies latest jw friends

• The Lone Ranger
    The Lone Ranger

Christians can do whatever they like...you just don't tell anyone.

• Bring_the_Light
    Bring_the_Light

B the X: truly awesome. I intend to keep up my bible studying just make good Bible referenced jokes.:) Statistically, driving a car in field service is an extreme sport. Dumb, dumb, dumb talk about "unnecessary" risks! You now have more light. Bring_the_Light

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    How can the Bible assist us in deciding whether we should engage in extreme sports?

I must've skipped over the part of the bible that talks about extreme sports. Actually, the apostles were heavily into mountain climbing. Jesus had to steer them from this dangerous course. And Judas didn't really kill himself. It was the world's very first atttempted bungee jump. It failed, obviously.

Remember, too, that one of Satan's tests for Jesus was to jump off a high building. Even though Jesus didn't have the luxury of a parachute or a bungee cord, this is a good scriptural example to use when deciding to engage in such activity.

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles

Jeez! How ridiculous!!

What about all the unnecessary risks people take going out in Field Circus and travelling to meetings?

• owenfieldreams
    owenfieldreams

I doubt it. According to the definitions of the org, paragliding would probably fall under the same category as parachuting, bungee jumping, or any other sport where THEY deem life endangerment or risk....

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Oh, I'm well aware of the "official" stand on these things. I just thought it was great that an elder suggested we were better off not reading all of the watchtower literature.

• zagor
    zagor

huh, you should have seen the expression on this elder's face when my hon at the time told him I was about to do skydiving jump.... talk about struck by lighting.

No they are against it. I really don't know what things are there they feel comfortable about. Other than overeating that it. Actually that is another thing I always wondered. Why don't they df people who are overweight (no offence intended to anyone) but isn't that what the bible also says?! You can't emphesize one thing and sweep another under the rug, can you?

but yes returning back to the topic, it is an experience of a life time. If you do it once you will want to keep doing it forever.

• Champion
    Champion

Hi Blondie, I am not sure where you got the articles from, could you let exactly.

I have been out so long but constantly fight with my JWdad who's an elder, and my brother who was removed and now back as a MS. I really just can't believe they write this $hit!!!

• oompa
    oompa

She and we use the WT on CD....a vast historical library of such $hit....I have several copies, pm me if you want one....they may be downloadable from some former link.

To think I used to own a sports shop that sold most of the equipment mentioned in this material.....even surfboards and wakeboards....I guess a shark could eat you on a board or just being in the ocean...so no more beach for me! What a fool I have been. Geeze, I could drown in the lake too....so I will just walk in the woods.......damn, I forgot my grandpa who died in a freak accident when a tree limb fell on him while doing just that! Funny, I wonder how few die in these sports compared to using autos.........they used to hate motorcycles too imo.

They really need to expand on this premise so that all dubs just stay home in their basement, and only receive food and clothes by home delivery......................................oompa

• blondie
    blondie

g94 7/8 (July 8, 1994 Awake)

*** g00 10/8 pp. 18-19 (October 8, 2000 Awake)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit