Does love exist ?

by caliber 42 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• caliber
    caliber

LOVE EXISTS

Then prove it! .......only solid, concrete evidence please ! (parallel post )

Caliber

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Love is ineffable.

"It can't exist."

To believe otherwise is to be INSANE.

• hamilcarr
    hamilcarr

Etymologically, love is related to belief. Do you believe in love or do you love to believe?

• caliber
    caliber

You can not see the wind, but it can move things.

You can not see love, but it can move you also !

Caliber

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

You can not see the wind, but it can move things.

You can not see love, but it can move you also !

Chalk and cheese - not a suitable comparison - the wind's effects can be scientifically measured and verified.

The effect of love is purely emotional and cannot be measured - feelings and emotions are subjective and therefore not to be trusted. Therefore until I can see verifiable evidence that love exists, I will not believe that it does!

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

Love, as any other emotion, exists as a complex chemical reaction within the body. See Molecules of Emotion by Pert (though there is also a lot of diversions). This is scientifically quantifiable.

Love, as any other emotion, exists as an experience within the body. Emotions are often triggered by somatic responses to the environment as well as thoughts and beliefs. This is subjectively expressible.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Love, as any other emotion, exists as a complex chemical reaction within the body. See Molecules of Emotion by Pert (though there is also a lot of diversions). This is scientifically quantifiable.

Love, as any other emotion, exists as an experience within the body. Emotions are often triggered by somatic responses to the environment as well as thoughts and beliefs. This is subjectively expressible.

And how is this different from a religious experience? If I see a red apple this also manifests as a complex reaction in my brain that can be measured.

BTS
  • caliber
    caliber
    The effect of love is purely emotional and cannot be measured

Does lack of measurement invalidate love ?

So this means that love is just" all in my head" Well my head is a pretty damn important of my body, how about

yours ?

Caliber

• jstalin
    jstalin

Love is an emotion - a construct of the human mind. Are you suggesting that god is the same?

• caliber
    caliber

Well the Bible does say God is love .The spiritual embodiment of love; however I would simply ask...

Did the birth of all emotion begin with your mind ?

Caliber

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit