Lords Witnesses (JW Sect) in the Times - UK

by Peppermint 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Peppermint
  • jwfacts
  • jwfacts
    jwfacts

http://women.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/women/the_way_we_live/article4014800.ece

It is his considered opinion that the world ended on March 21, 2008. Are you seeing the flaw in this yet? To be fair to him, he thinks March 21 was just the beginning of the end, Christ warming up for the Second Coming, so to speak, but he has a long track record of incorrectly prophesying all sorts of calamity.

“Admittedly, we have got it wrong before,” says Gordon. How many times? “Over 70 but just because we've been wrong in the past doesn't mean we will be wrong in the future. We've been right about some things. About one in ten of our prophecies are correct.”

Oh my Goodness, how do people believe these things (then again I was a JW at one time).

He is one of the four horsemen who will see in the end of the world, or so he says

He gives our JCanon a run for his money, thinking he is one of the 4 horsemen.

The thing that surprises me about Gordon, though, is that he's not stupid nor, as far as I can tell, mad. I always group apocalyptic Christians in the same bracket as people who think WWE wrestling is a real sport and that The X-Files is a documentary.

LOL

• Peppermint
    Peppermint

"The thing that surprises me about Gordon, though, is that he's not stupid"

Which in my book makes him dangerous. He has the same type of profile as C.T.R with the potential to mess up many peoples lives.

• Eyes Open
    Eyes Open

Ignorance of genre - so sad.

• Peppermint
    Peppermint

I find this quite humorous:

"Former JW claims to be the rider of the first horse of the apocalypse. No joke!"
    From e-watchman's Blog!

• sweet pea
    sweet pea

Hilarious article - go read it!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit