Just one shred of evidence?

by nvrgnbk 75 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

There is an old saying: "To those who believe no proof is necessary. To those who do not believe no proof will suffice."

BTS

• Terry
    Terry
    Is there just one shred of evidence that proves beyond any doubt that there is a being that is responsible for the existence of the universe and that it continues to have some effect on its inhabitants?

Evidence you won't find because those who believe this premise contradict each other for a good reason.

In the Judeo-Christian God scenario the "responsibility" is shifted to humanity.

Things which actually exist have definition and are quantifiable. The Moon, for example. The moon is measurable, describable and is the same for everybody within any 30 day period.

God, on the other hand is variously:

One or many. Without beginning or end. Invisible, etc.

How much more variance and contradiction can you get?

What is left for those who are God apologists? THEY INSIST! That's about it.

• Galileo
    Galileo
    There is an old saying: "To those who believe no proof is necessary. To those who do not believe no proof will suffice."

Yeah, that's one of my favorite rationalizations for believing whatever the hell you want without evidence. It sounds good, but really only the first half is true in the general sense. Most of us that try to think rationally have a specific threshold of evidence in order to believe anything. If that threshold were met, we would believe. (note: I've been trying to type this for ten minutes but I can't help but keep scrolling back up to look at Scarlett.)

• heathen
    heathen

I think the best evidence for God is the existence of a book publishing corporation in NY .

• chrisjoel
    chrisjoel

Until someone comes back from the dead ...say after being dead for a few yrs....until then all we have are ppl that say" I would rather Believe now before Im dead then die and find out that i should have believed."

Oh ..and we have the Bible.

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

There is no external evidence. There is only human assertion, supposition and inspiration.

Belief is a choice, pure and simple.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog
    Is there just one shred of evidence that proves beyond any doubt that there is a being that is responsible for the existence of the universe and that it continues to have some effect on its inhabitants?

Just having doubts now are you? I thought you didn't believe. The fact that atheists exist, is proof of God's existence. They would have no reason for existence without Him. The effect He has on atheists is that they rail against Him. You are doing a fine job. Keep up the good work of asking for proof of you know Who, and posting threads like this.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    You are doing a fine job. Keep up the good work of asking for proof of you know Who, and posting threads like this

Easy there now, DD.

We don't want to spook him.

You know I luvs you, Nvr.

Sylvia

• chrisjoel
    chrisjoel
    The fact that atheists exist, is proof of God's existence

Whoa there horsy...the fact that athiests, exist is sufficient to prove that man has no longing for a creator.

(On the other hand i lean to agnostic because i cant see any definitive position.)..

.later

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog
    Whoa there horsy...the fact that athiests, exist is sufficient to prove that man has no longing for a creator.

Looks like we agree. As I said, "The effect He has on atheists is that they rail against Him."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit