Incorporated Churches

by golf2 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Borgia
    Borgia

Golf2,

I was just pulling a leg here, but pointing to incorporation of a religious org in case the WBTS, is a valid and good point.

In talks with my fil and my brother, I have argued against being incorporated because legal matters have a heavy bearing on process and procedure and the driver is not always clear.

On top, it is not independence that is at stake, but of whom is protection from enemies solicited? Case in point: WBTS soliciting protection of UN/ OCSE and other national and supranational entities. They tend to look for Egypt for protection instead of the source of their alleged strength: God.

Incorporation opens a floodgate of distractions that does interfere with christian conduct.

Cheers

Borgia

• jstalin
    jstalin

As a practical matter, incorporation is a necessity in today's legal environment. Otherwise, the leaders of the congregation can be held personally liable for things as simple as someone slipping and falling in the parking lot. I don't think I'd be on the board of an organization which isn't incorporated.

But, just out of curiousity, I looked up corporations in the Michigan with the word "jehovah" in them. As you can see, there are a lot of JW corporations.

http://www.dleg.state.mi.us/bcs_corp/rs_corp.asp?s_button=sword&v_search=jehovah&hiddenField=&search=Search

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

Most all good businesses are incorporated!

Outaservice

• golf2
    golf2

There are Christian Churches that are not incorporated because it means surrendering its headship to the State. May I suggest you type in incorporated churches on the internet.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit