Night Guards at Twickenham

by Duncan 19 Replies latest jw friends

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Welcome aboard, four candles ! Enjoy.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Welcome, four candles! My hubby'd love your Flying V avatar.

And funny anecdotes, Duncan.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Hi Four candles!

• sweet pea
    sweet pea

Great story Duncan - good to hear from you. Bet you have loads more funny anecdotes up your sleeve!

The ice cream van made me laugh out loud.

And welcome Four Candles - fantastic name!! Love those Ronnies. There's nothing to be nervous of here - you're gonna enjoy every moment.

Look forward to hearing your story.

Sam (fond memories of Twickenham but glad not to be there this year!)

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

Was a little bit too young to do it in the 70/80's , although I believe a lot of London Bethel Boys went for it, Jeff and his brother David Woodfield done it for a few years (Jeff is CO now ) don't know what happened to his younger brother David, but were both bloody good guys, Jeff was the chairman on my J/C and acted in a very balanced/loving/caring way, pity that cant be said for some of the others hey Jeff?

• Casper
    Casper

Great Post Duncun....

I really enjoyed reading your experience...

Four Candles,

Welcome to JWD,

We look forward to getting to know you.

Cas

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

I had completely never heard of any of this before. Maybe because we always had indoor conventions here but in any case a fascinating read.

• four candles
    four candles

Thanks for the nice welcome ya'll. I will tell,but most likely in the proper thread,when I find it!!! Its a maze this forum!

Got any O's???

• Duncan
    Duncan

.. and a welcome from me, too, Four Candles, as the official "host" of this thread.

I'm honoured that my little story moved you to plunge in and get involved.

Duncan.

("bill hooks?")

• four candles
    four candles

Yeh,its your fault,but they were good days and I thoroughly enjoyed doing it,in fact i organised my wedding so I could do one last one!!

There was one lad who was notoriuosly bad at getting up for his shift,we used to sell tickets outside the dorm to choose who would try and wake him,one time we ended up stuffing a used tea bag in his mouth,and then he thought he was dreaming!!! Lovely lad.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit